[Tool] Visual Tfind v1.0.10 -Ready for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

Changes: version 1.0 beta 4 (09.05.2008)
  • Added: Feed selected files to listbox in TC if diskdir plugin is installed (CTRL+Shift+L or main menu).
    Added: If "search in drives" is empty or contain * all drivers will be searched.
    Added: Drives can be separate by semicolon (not only by spaces)
    Added: "SearchDrives=" Sets default drives to search at startup. Allowed: Letters. - Asterisk (*) or blank space (search in all drivers)
    Added: Experimental cancel search. Short-Cut: ESC
    Fixed: Alternative viewer doesn't works at all situations.
Download from first post.

Edited: 10.05.2008 Re-uploaded (little minor change) MD5
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
jslegers

Post by *jslegers »

Hi,

I have installed beta 4 of the program and Goto file/path doesn't seem to work. It worked in beta 2. I have made an usrcmd.ini and placed it in the Total Commander directory. Am I doing something wrong ?

John
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

Hi,
The method for go to the file in TC was changed in beta3. usercmd.ini should be updated with the next code:

Code: Select all

[em_verTFind]
cmd=cm_list
param=%A

[em_TfindGo]
cmd=cd
param=%A
I have made an usrcmd.ini and placed it in the Total Commander directory.
I think that is a missing spelling but anyway... paste the code in usercmd.ini instead of usrcmd.ini
Usercmd.ini must be located in same folder that your wincmd.ini

Regards.
jslegers

Post by *jslegers »

I have changed the code and the name was indeed usercmd.ini. My mistype :oops: . When I find a file and I double click it, it goes to the root of my C: drive. Am I missing something ?
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Dear Sombra
As I said some weeks ago, vTfind is great. But when I feed the list to TC, there is only file names, and nor file sizes neither dates. Of course it is normal because tFind returns only file names.

Would it be possible to add these data (file date and size) in feed list. It seems to me not too difficult to do that only on the found files, because number of found files are often few. So looking for those data can be done enough quick.

Possible ?
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

2jslegers

Ops, I did miss this "highlight" message, sorry. I can't reproduce it, perhaps it is the delay time between commands, I'll add an adjustable parameter for it in next version. Please, some clue more: Are you using TC 7.x?
Can you see the file with the built-in lister of TC? (F3 or ALT+F3, according to your configuration)

2jjk
Would it be possible to add these data (file date and size) in feed list
Hello,

Yes, it would be possible, but I fear with a lot of results. Perhaps is better do a "normal search" that handle 2000 files in vtfind.
Anyway, I will try for the next beta.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

User CEUM did a translation to Deutsch/German language for vTFind. The main package has been updated with the new translation and can be downloaded from first post.

Or.. if you prefer, you can download the separate language here: :arrow: Deutsch vTFind translation

Thank you very much Martin :)
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Sombra wrote:
Yes, it would be possible, but I fear with a lot of results. Perhaps is better do a "normal search" that handle 2000 files in vtfind.
Can I hope something or is it impossible ? I convinced many colleagues about vTfind and I showed them my post. So, now, I pray that you will succeed ;)
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

I tried time ago. Not problem for catch the file sizes, but I had problems for pre-format the date to the format used with "disk dir", the result was an slow performance on large file list :(
The main problem is that I'm not using a low level language for vtfind and it contain many pseudo-code, It is useful for tiny tools but not for handle a huge of information.
Anyway, If you wish and taking in count this handycap, I could release the next days.

Regards.
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Yesss !
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

New beta release. Changes: version 1.0 beta 5 (09.07.2008)
  • Added: Deutsch Language interface. Thanks to CEUM :)
    Added: Configurable time between commands (TC integration).
    Added: Optional Feed to listbox with dates and file sizes. (TC integration).
    Added: The user can choose the date format: Creation date, last write date or last access date.
    Added: Explanation for ini settings in help file.
    Fixed: Minor bugs.
Download: vTFind 1.0 beta 5 (vtfind1b5.md5)

2jjk
The option for get date and size from files is deactivated by default. Please read the ini settings inside help file.
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Thanks. It works very fine. And even very quick to retrieve date and size. By example, on my computer I have about 300 .zip files on C:
TC built-in search finds them in more than 10 seconds, while vTfind takes only 1 second and 2 seconds more to retrieve date and size files. Cheers !

One remark although :
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to me that date file displayed by default in TC windows is Last Accessed time. So it would be logical to have Last Accessed time also by default in vTFind.

Bug ? When I push F7 or [Goto file/path] button, TC sends me to C:\ and not to the file path.

I've send to you my french translation.

Finally a question : now it is 1.0 beta 5. Have you any plans for future ?

Jean-Jacques
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to me that date file displayed by default in TC windows is Last Accessed time. So it would be logical to have Last Accessed time also by default in vTFind.
If I'm not wrong and AFAIK TC use Last write date, I'll change it to default
Bug ? When I push F7 or [Goto file/path] button, TC sends me to C:\ and not to the file path.
Please, check your email, I sent you a test version.
I've send to you my french translation.
Thank you very much :) I will update the package soon.
Finally a question : now it is 1.0 beta 5. Have you any plans for future ?
Not specially, I thought in a kind of filter, but not by the moment. I have another different things in mind related to other matters.
jslegers

Post by *jslegers »

Hi,

This version works fine for me now. I have reinstalled TC and it works. Thanks Sombra for this nice util.

John
Sombra wrote:2jslegers

Ops, I did miss this "highlight" message, sorry. I can't reproduce it, perhaps it is the delay time between commands, I'll add an adjustable parameter for it in next version. Please, some clue more: Are you using TC 7.x?
Can you see the file with the built-in lister of TC? (F3 or ALT+F3, according to your configuration)

2jjk
Would it be possible to add these data (file date and size) in feed list
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.
tosbsas

Post by *tosbsas »

great job, one error though - german main config page - it should be

laufwerke -it says laufweke

Ruben
A New Generation transformed by the Power of God