QuickSearch eXtended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2tuska
http://www.fenixproductions.pl/files/tc/CommentsWDX.zip
If you need 64bit – you are out of luck as this is 32bit only.
To be honest, this is why I am not using 64bit TC: no QSE comments support.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

tuska
Power Member
Power Member

CommentsWDX.wdx - 32bit

Post by *tuska »

2fenix_productions
Thank you for sharing the file: CommentsWDX.wdx.
I am wondering in this context about the FileDescription: "Content plugin for checking empty dirs".

Extensive tests showed that this 32bit plug-in also caused 32bit TC to crash and sometimes there was no search result.
Further in file "tcmatch.log" ... Error in Plugin: "CommentsWDX.wdx" calling "ContentGetValueW" is shown.

So I stick with FileDiz 64bit to search for comments in descript.ion-files under using QSE (QuickSearch eXtended).
TC 9.11RC1 - 32 bit + 64 bit, Windows 10 Pro (x64) Version 1703 (Build 15063.674)

Thanks anyway.

Regards
Karl
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Re: CommentsWDX.wdx - 32bit

Post by *fenix_productions »

tuska wrote:2fenix_productions
Thank you for sharing the file: CommentsWDX.wdx.
I am wondering in this context about the FileDescription: "Content plugin for checking empty dirs".
Heh. I was always starting new plugins based on sources of the previous ones. I think I had used EmptyWDX as base and simply forgot to update this field before compiling.
tuska wrote:Extensive tests showed that this 32bit plug-in also caused 32bit TC to crash and sometimes there was no search result.
Sorry to hear that.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

tuska
Power Member
Power Member

German umlauts and special characters (ä,ö,ü,Ä,Ö,Ü,ß)

Post by *tuska »

2Samuel
Whenever I search with QuickSearch eXtended (version 2.2.6) for TC file comments ("Files" - "Edit Comment ... Ctrl + Z")
using the plugin FileDiz.wdx64 (Long description), I usually get no result in the following cases:

1. The file name has at least one german umlaut or special character (ä,ö,ü,Ä,Ö,Ü,ß)
2. The TC file comment (e.g. Lösungen <solutions>) has at least one umlaut or special character (ä,ö,ü,Ä,Ö,Ü,ß)

This setting in tcmatch.ini has also failed:

Code: Select all

[replace]
chars1=ä|ae
chars2=ü|ue
chars3=ö|oe
chars4=Ä|Ae
chars5=Ü|Ue
chars6=Ö|Oe
chars7=ß|ss
I do not understand the corresponding description in the file tcmatch.pdf and tcmatch_de.pdf.
Whether this setting has any effect is beyond my knowledge - I can not recognize any.

Isn't there any possibility to improve this?

Could you maybe do something with Codepage 1252 here? (Just a wild guess, I'm not a programmer!)

Regards
Karl
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Re: German umlauts and special characters (ä,ö,ü,Ä,Ö,Ü,ß)

Post by *Samuel »

There should be some Unicode problems, I don't know if I can look into it. You could try to work around it by additionally replacing:

ä|ae
ö|oe
ü|ue
ß|ss
Ä|Ae
Ö|Oe
Ü|Ue
IIRC you could also try to enable debugging to see what he gets from the wdx plugin.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

TC-File comments (descript.ion) | German umlauts

Post by *tuska »

Thank you for your response!

I have added the above mentioned replacing-couples and then restarted TC (... afterwords checked tcmatch.ini).
After that, I did several more tests.
I even entered substitution rules in the file FileDiz.ini, but I did not succeed.
The logfile records a lot, but no obvious errors.

All retests were not successfull - same problems as shown above.

It would have been a great relief in the daily work when with QuickSearch eXtended one could also find umlauts in the TC file comments.
Typing - done! All others currently known successful solutions require at least 5(!) clicks/keystrokes for 1 query.

So this topic is done for me.
I do not want to waste any more time looking for solutions where there are none.

/EDIT:
I made a request to the author of the plugin FileDiz.
viewtopic.php?p=337262#337262

Regards
Karl
Last edited by tuska on 2018-01-25, 13:24 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
gussan

Post by *gussan »

Hello Samuel, thanks for QuickSearch eXtended. I have a problem, I created a preset for video files:

[presets]
V=.3gp|.asf|.avi|.dat|.flv|.m4v|.mov|.mp4|.mpe|.mpeg|.mpg|.qt|.ra|.ram|.rm|.vob|.wmv

So if I type ">v" all my video files get filtered. However there is a problem, because also I obtain in the list files like ".rar" and ".rms" that are not among the file types I created the preset for. It seems the filter does not consider the whole extension but a part of it. For example if I rename an extension ".mp4" to ".mp4 2" it is also listed in this video preset. Hope you can fix that, or maybe I am doing something wrong? Regards.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Hello qussan,

QuickSearch eXtended is usually only meant to find the text anywhere in the name. There is an option to find only at the beginning. (see settings in the additionally gui)

However you can use RegEx to find something like you described:

[presets]
V=?\.3gp$|\.asf$|\.avi$|\.dat$|\.flv$|\.m4v$|\.mov$|\.mp4$|\.mpe$|\.mpeg$|\.mpg$|\.qt$|\.ra$|\.ram$|\.rm$|\.vob$|\.wmv$
gussan

Post by *gussan »

Hi Samuel, such a quick response, thanks so much. It works perfectly, thanks for your time and help. Best regards.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Hi Samuel,

I would like to create chocolatey package for this awesome plugin to acompanny existing TC package here:

https://chocolatey.org/packages/TotalCommander

I didn't find any license file. Am I amble to redistribute plugin (no modifications, just silent install script and meta data)?

Thanks.
Habemus majkam!
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

majkinetor ! wrote:Hi Samuel,

I would like to create chocolatey package for this awesome plugin to acompanny existing TC package here:

https://chocolatey.org/packages/TotalCommander

I didn't find any license file. Am I amble to redistribute plugin (no modifications, just silent install script and meta data)?

Thanks.
Feel free to use it for this purpose.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Thanks. Package is done. Here is it:

package - https://chocolatey.org/packages/tcp-qse
source - https://github.com/majkinetor/au-packages/tree/master/tcp/tcp-qse

It depends on totalcmd so its enough to

cinst tcp-qse
and it will install both tools if TC is not present.

This will be approved soon, in the meantime version should be specified
Habemus majkam!
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

As I wrote in post "Find duplicates search comparison plugin" I need something to find out "partially equal" text files.
Do you think such a feature could be implemented in a search plugin?
Thank you.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

mikedepetris wrote:As I wrote in post "Find duplicates search comparison plugin" I need something to find out "partially equal" text files.
Do you think such a feature could be implemented in a search plugin?
Thank you.
The search plugin gets one file at the time. There is no comparison between 2 files possible. Also the result is only filter or not - no output possible. IMO it wouldn't make sense.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Hi,

I noticed that tcmatch.ini is saved on the same location as the plugin. This makes user settings hard to use for multiple users and requires admin access.

Is it possible to save ini file to the same location where TotalCmd configs are, by default $Env:APPDATA\Ghisler ?

I noticed this because by default chocolatey package installs Total Commander under program files which is more restrictive.
Habemus majkam!