QuickSearch eXtended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Re: QuickSearch eXtended

Post by *Samuel »

tuska wrote: 2018-11-12, 16:37 UTC 2Samuel
Can you please make a correction here?
Can you please look at the content plugins chapter in the help file. Using another content plugin group than 1 (for example 2) should do the trick.

IMO "default" is given back from the content plugin. If this is not expected please report to the author of the plugin.

Hope this helps.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Samuel wrote: 2018-11-13, 06:51 UTC
tuska wrote: 2018-11-12, 16:37 UTC 2Samuel
Can you please make a correction here?
Can you please look at the content plugins chapter in the help file. Using another content plugin group than 1 (for example 2) should do the trick.
IMO "default" is given back from the content plugin. If this is not expected please report to the author of the plugin.

Hope this helps.
2Samuel
Yes, a change

Code: Select all

[wdx64]
wdx_groups=1
TO:

Code: Select all

[wdx64]
wdx_groups=2
did the trick!

Thank you very much for your prompt solution!

------------------------

2Ovg
You're welcome.
I got the information from here - Method 2

Regards
Karl
thegfw

Post by *thegfw »

where can download?
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

thegfw wrote: 2018-12-20, 11:13 UTC where can download?
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=22592
thegfw

Post by *thegfw »

tuska wrote: 2018-12-20, 12:18 UTC
thegfw wrote: 2018-12-20, 11:13 UTC where can download?
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=22592
THANKS FOR FIX DOWNLOAD LINK.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

My often search use case is a simple search for a file name, or a part of it, in current folder and its subfolder(s).
I think the integration of QSX and native TC's Find Files would make such a simple search more quick and convenient.
I mean, imagine following case:
1) press Ctrl+S to start QSX (optionally yet once Ctrl+S to disable filtering);
2) type desired file name;
3) press button or hotkey -> QSX starts the search for that name in native TC search tool with current folder as a location for "Search in". A good addition to this would be if QSX will also make TC's Find Files window to appear in background, so after starting search user would stay in TC's panels.

Further improvements for such a search may be the ability to start TC's FindFiles with files selected current panel items as "Search In:" item (also the case used often enough so deserves own additional button+hotkey). QSX may also watch the state of the search state in background Find Files window, so when search is finished, to show a message box on top of TC with an offer to show the Find Files window with results.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
asdfgh9

Post by *asdfgh9 »

hi, there is a plugin which works similar like the default tc branch view (ctrl+b) but includes directories in the list (!): https://totalcmd.net/plugring/branchviewex.html

That would obviously add an insane amount of synergy by being able to quicksearch the folder names too but for some reason quick search extended seems to ignore the folders in the list that the plugin produces.

that plugin seems to create a virtual path for its view so all the files and dirs in the list have \\\BranchViewEx\ infront of their path and also the folders have ./ at the end of their path (i assume thats some workaround the author used), which could perhaps be related to the problem ?

Can you tell whats causing this incompatibility between these two and would it be possible to add this functionality? just for the "simple search" mode would be more than enough..

this is something that tc needs so much for stuff like managing giant tagged libraries, because these filtered quicksearched results can then also be combined with the thumbnail view and such for a lighting fast workflow even with tens of thousands of folders and files...
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

TC passes the full file path to QuickSearch eXtended. QuickSearch eXtended ignores everything in front of the last "\" or "/". Otherwise the parent folder would be affected for every file. Sorry currently there is nothing planned to work around this.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

It seems, QuickSearch eXtended, or at least its GUI app, may lock removable drive even if it is not used by TC, preventing correct ejection of such drive. On a screenshot, the Unlocker app's window which shows QSX' tcmatch.exe is a single app using removable drive.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Yes its a known issue. I don't know what causes it.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It problably happens when TC starts tcmatch.exe while the current directory is on a removable drive. Then tcmatch.exe will inherit this current directory. The solution would be to call SetCurrentDirectory to e.g. the Windows directory or Total Commander directory.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Wawuschel

Post by *Wawuschel »

Hi,

where can I download QuickSearch eXtended?
The download links in https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=173295#p173295 (to onedrive.live.com) are empty.

Thanks for your help.
TCmd 11.02 (64 bit) unter Windows 10 (64 bit)
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Apparently the URL changed. Fixed it.
dindog

Post by *dindog »

i got a error in contentgetsupportedfield when try to add a content wdx shelldetails, using tc9.22a and quicksearch extented 2.27
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

dindog wrote: 2019-10-10, 05:00 UTC i got a error in contentgetsupportedfield when try to add a content wdx shelldetails, using tc9.22a and quicksearch extented 2.27
Hey,
sorry I decided not to put too much effort in wdx plugins. I know they are hard to debug and some plugins seem to have problems others not. When I looked at it in the past it was time consuming and confusing.
Sorry I will not look into it. Anyone else can do if he wants. (The source code is there.)