TWinKey

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: sheep, Hacker, Stefan2, white

Post Reply
User avatar
matixx
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: 2003-03-21, 02:37 UTC
Location: ....
Contact:

Post by *matixx » 2015-04-07, 10:33 UTC

Horst.Epp wrote: No Autoview defined and no Default.
Here the full config part:
========================
[AutoView]
Pictures=?*Pictures\*
Default=?*.*
[ViewModes]
Pictures=Bilder
Default=Default
[Pictures]
Active=35138516
View=Thumb
Sort=0
FileGroupping=0
FileGroupping2=0
Autorun=0
[Default]
Active=1
View=Full
Sort=0
FileGroupping=0
FileGroupping2=0
Autorun=0
================
Also you have to install the actual TwinKey to get the x64 version working.
And follow the readme to Autoload the plugin on TC start-up.
Hi Horst.Epp,

by following your autostart tip now Twinkey starts automatically and i can see that the standard drive list layout from Twinkey is working and stable now. Thank you. Actually i use the latest version of twinkey [3.119].

I also copy your *.ini settings to twinkey.ini but there is the same: no reaction, no changes. Restart TC with no changing effects.

Install Directory of TC: c:\totalcmd\
wincmd.ini Directory: c:\totalcmd\
Twinkey Directory: c:\totalcmd\plugins\wdx\TWinKey\
Twinkey.ini Directory: c:\totalcmd\plugins\wdx\TWinKey\

Greets maat

User avatar
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 3523
Joined: 2003-02-06, 17:36 UTC
Location: Germany

Post by *Horst.Epp » 2015-04-07, 12:23 UTC

matixx wrote:
Horst.Epp wrote: Also you have to install the actual TwinKey to get the x64 version working.
And follow the readme to Autoload the plugin on TC start-up.
Hi Horst.Epp,

by following your autostart tip now Twinkey starts automatically and i can see that the standard drive list layout from Twinkey is working and stable now. Thank you. Actually i use the latest version of twinkey [3.119].

I also copy your *.ini settings to twinkey.ini but there is the same: no reaction, no changes. Restart TC with no changing effects.

Install Directory of TC: c:\totalcmd\
wincmd.ini Directory: c:\totalcmd\
Twinkey Directory: c:\totalcmd\plugins\wdx\TWinKey\
Twinkey.ini Directory: c:\totalcmd\plugins\wdx\TWinKey\

Greets maat
If you open the TwinKey Utilisator Tool you should check the settings
under View Modes and Auto Switch
Is the Enable option selected and are the desired settings seen.
The TwinKey.ini files should always be in the TwinKey plugins dir.
Delete all other such files.

User avatar
matixx
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: 2003-03-21, 02:37 UTC
Location: ....
Contact:

Post by *matixx » 2015-04-07, 12:45 UTC

Thats tricky, but ENABLED is set and the locations of the twinkey.ini is also correct.

I wonder that TC shows the twinkey plugin in the wdx dialog as "twinkey.wdx" and not as "twinkey.wdx64". If i manually install the "twinkey.wdx64" than TC shows also "twinkey.wdx". Is this right ?

My TC-Instance is definitly 64bit, i can see this in the programframe.

User avatar
matixx
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: 2003-03-21, 02:37 UTC
Location: ....
Contact:

Post by *matixx » 2015-04-07, 13:32 UTC

Ok, now it works. Seems a problem with the path and the scope parameter. Now this parameter is off and its works.

now i have this and this works fine:

[Config]
AutoView=1
KeepScope=0
[AutoView]
music=?*MP3*
default=?*.*
[ViewModes]
music=Musik
default=<None>
[music]
Active=1
View=Artist..
Sort=0
FileGroupping=0
FileGroupping2=0
Autorun=1
AutorunCmd=cm_100Percent
[Default]
Active=1
View=Full
Sort=0
FileGroupping=0
FileGroupping2=0
Autorun=1
AutorunCmd=cm_50percent

Thats my music layout for first.

Whats the right meaning of:

keepscope

for mee as noob ?

User avatar
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 3523
Joined: 2003-02-06, 17:36 UTC
Location: Germany

Post by *Horst.Epp » 2015-04-07, 13:35 UTC

matixx wrote:Thats tricky, but ENABLED is set and the locations of the twinkey.ini is also correct.

I wonder that TC shows the twinkey plugin in the wdx dialog as "twinkey.wdx" and not as "twinkey.wdx64". If i manually install the "twinkey.wdx64" than TC shows also "twinkey.wdx". Is this right ?

My TC-Instance is definitly 64bit, i can see this in the programframe.
The display of twinkey.wdx is ok.
Also you have already verified that the x64 plugin is loaded
by using the Drive List function.
Please note that my Auto Switch settings display TC Thumb view only in sub-dirs of any Pictures folder, not for the pictures folder itself.
I can't give you more help may be Vadim will have some idea.

User avatar
matixx
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: 2003-03-21, 02:37 UTC
Location: ....
Contact:

Post by *matixx » 2015-04-07, 13:44 UTC

Horst.Epp wrote: view only in sub-dirs of any Pictures folder, not for the pictures folder itself.
*facepalm*

that was the reason ! i tried only in picture folder, not in subfolder !

Ok, i play something around with other functions and if you have a good knowledge about tc-commands than this is a very powerful tool !

Next step for me:

- if i visit a folder with "mp3" in path so change the BAR

I would automatically load a special bar which give me controls to playback musicfiles in a simple way. But i think now i check this alone :-)

Thank you for help !

User avatar
matixx
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: 2003-03-21, 02:37 UTC
Location: ....
Contact:

Post by *matixx » 2015-04-07, 15:05 UTC

An other question:

is it possible to change the view by file ?

e.g. if over 80% of files in the folder are *.mp3 then switch the view.

greets maat

User avatar
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 3523
Joined: 2003-02-06, 17:36 UTC
Location: Germany

Post by *Horst.Epp » 2015-04-07, 15:40 UTC

matixx wrote:An other question:

is it possible to change the view by file ?

e.g. if over 80% of files in the folder are *.mp3 then switch the view.

greets maat
No, currently not possible.
Also this would mean that the file list has to be examined for every directory change which may be very time consuming and needs caching.

User avatar
matixx
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: 2003-03-21, 02:37 UTC
Location: ....
Contact:

Post by *matixx » 2015-04-07, 19:21 UTC

Oh ok, i understand.

Thanks for your helpful tips and thanks to the author for this great tool !

User avatar
matixx
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: 2003-03-21, 02:37 UTC
Location: ....
Contact:

Post by *matixx » 2015-04-09, 16:55 UTC

@VadiMGP

If i use autoswitch view with internal TC commands:

- cm_ToggleSeparateTree1
- cm_SeparateTree1/Off

in addition to other commands e.g. cm_50percent than Twinkey doesnt switch off the separate Tree after switch back to the default.

My ini:

Code: Select all

[Config]
AutoView=1
KeepScope=1
[AutoView]
music=?*MP3*
default=?*.*
[ViewModes]
music=Musik
default=<None>
[music]
Active=1
View=Artist..
Sort=0
FileGroupping=0
FileGroupping2=0
Autorun=1
AutorunCmd=cm_100percent|cm_ToggleSeparateTree1
[Default]
Active=1
View=Full
Sort=0
FileGroupping=1
FileGroupping2=1
Autorun=1
AutorunCmd=cm_50percent|cm_ToggleSeparateTree1
or

Code: Select all

[Config]
AutoView=1
KeepScope=1
[AutoView]
music=?*MP3*
default=?*.*
[ViewModes]
music=Musik
default=<None>
[music]
Active=1
View=Artist..
Sort=0
FileGroupping=0
FileGroupping2=0
Autorun=1
AutorunCmd=cm_100percent|cm_SeparateTree1
[Default]
Active=1
View=Full
Sort=0
FileGroupping=1
FileGroupping2=1
Autorun=1
AutorunCmd=cm_50percent|cm_SeparateTreeOff
The switch between 50/100% works fine.

Greets maat

Heini
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: 2015-04-24, 11:24 UTC

Security issues

Post by *Heini » 2015-04-27, 11:56 UTC

Unfortunately the site "mgpsoft" which was posted as download source for the newest version of TWinKey is rated as "pornography" by "Blue Coat WebPulse Site Review". Because of that it is blocked by our IT security at work. Is the newest version of TWinKey also available from another source?

[Although I am member for more than one day with at least one legitimate post, I was not allowed to post URLs, so I had to delete them from my post]

User avatar
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 792
Joined: 2005-09-14, 22:19 UTC
Location: Russia
Contact:

Post by *Vochomurka » 2015-04-28, 07:00 UTC

TWinKey is rated as "pornography" by "Blue Coat WebPulse Site Review"
Can you switch it off? If not, complain to your admin.
I hope the Yandex disk link will not be rated the same way :)
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander

User avatar
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 3523
Joined: 2003-02-06, 17:36 UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Security issues

Post by *Horst.Epp » 2015-04-28, 07:18 UTC

Heini wrote:Unfortunately the site "mgpsoft" which was posted as download source for the newest version of TWinKey is rated as "pornography" by "Blue Coat WebPulse Site Review". Because of that it is blocked by our IT security at work. Is the newest version of TWinKey also available from another source?

[Although I am member for more than one day with at least one legitimate post, I was not allowed to post URLs, so I had to delete them from my post]
The FTP site http://www.mgpsoft.net/Downloads
does not contain any porno content, only TC utils !
So you have some very strange IT and software in place.

Heini
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: 2015-04-24, 11:24 UTC

Post by *Heini » 2015-04-28, 14:50 UTC

Thank you Vochomurka, the link worked. I also wrote to "Blue Coat WebPulse Site Review" to review the site again. Our IT department does not handle the list/rating itself but sort of relies on it for blocking sites.

Heini
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: 2015-04-24, 11:24 UTC

TWinKey: Tab loses color

Post by *Heini » 2015-04-28, 15:45 UTC

The TWinKey doc states that:
Color mark is canceled when tab is dragged onto opposite panel
However, on my system this also happens if I only drag the tab inside the panel. Is there an option to prevent loss of color, when a colored tab is dragged (inside the panel)?

Post Reply