Image 1.0 (content plugin to compare images in sync dirs)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ElQuia

Post by *ElQuia »

will there be an x64 version?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

yes
ElQuia

Post by *ElQuia »

Lefteous wrote:yes
timeline?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

october
ElQuia

Post by *ElQuia »

Lefteous wrote:october
tnx!
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

ElQuia wrote:will there be an x64 version?
Released today. Thank you.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I see that plugin implements ContentGetValueW but does not export it. Is it because of missing implementation of ContentCompareFilesW?
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Yes currently this plugin is ANSI only. As I'm using a project template for content plugins the widestring version of the function is also included.
Cormy1

Re: Image 1.0 (content plugin to compare images in sync dirs)

Post by *Cormy1 »

Hello Lefteous, thanks for this great tool, unfortunately I seem to be getting many "false negatives" that indicate 2 images are different when they are not. Most of it seems to be due to filenames I'm assuming it can't handle, special chinese/japanese characters, but I also have 1 gif that comes up as being unequal despite the check saying the content of both files is the same. Without the plugin enabled, the regular content check handles them fine.
I'm also wondering if it's possible to check for duplicates independently of filenames.
While TC is great at synchronizing directories, it doesn't handle duplication at all as soon as any files are of different filenames.
For images in particular, I find this often to be a problem as I might end up saving one image from multiple different sources, giving them differing filenames accordingly, and then due to differing levels of compression, the files can be different while the resulting image can be identical (different levels of lossless compression)
I can locate similar images easily enough, via either Visipics or Anti-Twin, and then open them in an editor to subtract one from the other to see differences, but it's a huge chore.
VSDIF seems to be the best tool I've found for this thus far but having a tool integrated into TC would be a huge help. As it stands, the content check in TC is almost useless because it only compares files of the same names.
There's a similar thing going on with directories, where I might reorganize my files so they're all still present, but TC won't check for them outside a directory to move them to the new location rather than deleting and writing new files.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Cormy1
Hi, thanks for using the plugin. Unfortunately the plugin was never really developed to production level :-(

Version 1.10 can be found here: http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/archives/image/wdx_image_1.10.zip
(not new, was never linked from this thread, but is the released version since many years.
Last edited by Lefteous on 2020-11-19, 18:46 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »