sLister WLX plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

2ghisler(Author) Thanks for testing.
maria_fj

Post by *maria_fj »

Stupid question:

Does this plugin work?

On my Win8.1, TC8.5ß11 64bit, the TC hangs and I have to shut it down as soon as I try a PDF-file. And this is definitely related with this plugin.

What I did? Downloaded the plugin from http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/slister.html and installed it. :(
iana

Post by *iana »

Does this plugin work?

On my Win8.1, TC8.5ß11 64bit, the TC hangs and I have to shut it down as soon as I try a PDF-file. And this is definitely related with this plugin.
I think it's a Win8.1 issue, the devs only recently added Win8.1 support in the apps manifest
http://code.google.com/p/sumatrapdf/source/detail?r=8495

Get an updated portable build, if you're using a 64 bit build the only place to get one is from xhmikosr his builds are nightly no stable
http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/sumatrapdf/ just get the file named SumatraPDF-2.5-x64.exe rename it to SumatraPDF.exe and replace the old one that comes with the plugin.

ps. On a side note the 32bit exe should work too so you could try and use an official exe from http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/download-free-pdf-viewer.html get the portable version

ps.ps the last stable build doesn't have win8.1 support in the apps manifest only the recent nightlies do so that might not work.
Gerby

Weblinks

Post by *Gerby »

Hi!

Weblinks (URLs) in PDF files are disabled if the PDF is viewed with slister. They work if I use the SumatraPDF program directly.

Is there any INI option to enable weblinks in slister?

Greetings
Gerby
Skif_off

Post by *Skif_off »

sLister 1.1.2 x86 with SumatraPDF can press Esc to exit, sLister x64 with x64 SumatraPDF can press Esc to exit, but it's not work with sLister x64 and x86 SumatraPDF.
How to fix it?

I little thought and added SumatraPDFx64 with name SumatraP64.exe and then replaced "SumatraPDF.exe" on "SumatraP64.exe" in sLister.wlx64 (http://rghost.ru/57935760/image.png). It works :) But two files SumatraPDF - not beautiful.
Helix751

Post by *Helix751 »

Jon Canale wrote:Do we need a new topic for sLister?

Also, does this detect string look correct:

11_detect="MULTIMEDIA& (EXT="PDF" | EXT="DJVU" | EXT="DJV"| EXT="XPS" | EXT="CBZ" | EXT="CBR" )"

It looks a little different than other detect strings for other lister plugins, but maybe that's just the way the author coded it?
It works. Additionally, SumatraPDF also supports many ebook formats as well (QuickLister too!). Just add:

[face=courier]| EXT="EPUB" | EXT="MOBI" | EXT="AZW" | EXT="PRC" | EXT="FB2"[/face]

to sLister's detect string in wincmd.ini.
Regards,
Sergio

TCmd license #12059
TC11.00x86/x64 | Win11 Pro
ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ZoSTeR »

I always disliked the standard zoom level and the plugin version seems to ignore the sumatra-settings.ini.

Here's a little patch to pass command line arguments to sumatra.exe:

Replace

Code: Select all

swprintf_s(cmd,4096,L"%s -plugin %d \"%s\"",rpath,sLister,FileToLoad);
with

wchar_t sumatraArgs[4096] = L"";
GetPrivateProfileStringW(L"slister", L"sumatraArgs", sumatraArgs, sumatraArgs, 4096, inipath);
swprintf_s(cmd, 4096, L"%s %s -plugin %d \"%s\"", rpath, sumatraArgs, sLister, FileToLoad);
Now you can add a "sumatraArgs" key to the slister.ini like so:

[slister]
;path=%COMMANDER_PATH%\utils\sumatrapdf\SumatraPDF.exe
sumatraArgs=-view "facing" -zoom "fit page"
;
;sumatraArgs samples:
;-view <view-mode>
;Sets the view mode for the first indicated file. Alternatives are "single page", "continuous single page", "facing",
; "continuous facing", "book view", "continuous book view".
;-zoom <zoom-level>
;Sets the zoom level for the first indicated file. Alternatives are "fit page", "fit width", "fit content" or any percentage value.
Maybe someone can refine and publish this.
iana

Post by *iana »

@ZoSTeR
wow tanks a lot, this was a feature that was bugging me for quite some time especially previewing big files.
Unfortunately the author hasn't updated any of his plugins in quite a while, most of them are gpl it would be cool if an active plugin developer could adopt them?
DickDiver

Post by *DickDiver »

I have no idea how to implement that path but anyway I am so !!! happy that I found this plugin and of course the cool Sumatra pdf viewer.

I can now batch rename (manually^^) scanned pdf en masse.

I allows me to preview PDF and to rename the same without closing preview. Superb!

PS:
I need now an advanced rename options for TC. I assigned F2 to rename function. A nice to have option would be to have a list pop up when hitting F2 or better Shift F2 with a given list of keywords that also auto populates via copy n paste of text when renaming.
Why?
Cause I have hundreds of scanned pdf docs that mostly are to be renamed to the same name in parts.
dd
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

DickDiver wrote:I have no idea how to implement that path but anyway I am so !!! happy that I found this plugin and of course the cool Sumatra pdf viewer.

I can now batch rename (manually^^) scanned pdf en masse.

I allows me to preview PDF and to rename the same without closing preview. Superb!

PS:
I need now an advanced rename options for TC. I assigned F2 to rename function. A nice to have option would be to have a list pop up when hitting F2 or better Shift F2 with a given list of keywords that also auto populates via copy n paste of text when renaming.
Why?
Cause I have hundreds of scanned pdf docs that mostly are to be renamed to the same name in parts.
Thats normally a job for the TC multi rename tool and doesn't need any special other rename function.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Horst.Epp,
Thats normally a job for the TC multi rename tool and doesn't need any special other rename function.
That does not help if your workflow is to preview the file using Ctrl-Q and rename it according to the preview to some predefined strings.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Hacker wrote:Horst.Epp,
That does not help if your workflow is to preview the file using Ctrl-Q and rename it according to the preview to some predefined strings.

Roman
I does :D
I just mark the files I find while quick viewing and later on use the MRT to make the name changes of the marked files.
Works perfectly for me.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Horst.Epp,
I just mark the files I find while quick viewing and later on use the MRT to make the name changes of the marked files.
A file needs to be called "an orange orange", another one "a red apple", a third one "a red orange" and a fourth one "apple and orange". How do you achieve this using MRT?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Hacker wrote:Horst.Epp,
A file needs to be called "an orange orange", another one "a red apple", a third one "a red orange" and a fourth one "apple and orange". How do you achieve this using MRT?

Roman
Not at all, but the original poster said:
"Cause I have hundreds of scanned pdf docs that mostly are to be renamed to the same name in parts."
Thats perfect for MRT and RegEx
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

You'll need:
1. TC 8.52a or TC 9.0 rc3
2. sLister.wlx + SumatraPDF.exe
3. some PDF files

To do:
1. Start TC
2. Go into some dir with PDF files
3. Open quick view mode by Ctrl+Q (cursor is on highest ".." position)
4. Open small quick search box via [cm_ShowQuickSearch] or hotkey
5. Type some first letters of any existing file
6. (now TC moves cursor to one of these PDF and hangs)
More info: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=319954#319954

Can plugin-writer (or someone else) fix that?