New beta plugin: WebDAV (WebFolders)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pplupo

Re: New beta plugin: WebDAV (WebFolders)

Post by *pplupo »

VimWei wrote: 2021-06-01, 04:24 UTC
petermad wrote: 2021-06-01, 01:56 UTC 2VimWei
I Can’t download them. Is it just me?
I have no problems downloading the two files.
I can't download them by Chrome directly, but can download by Free Download Manager.
Right click, open in incognito.
VimWei

Post by *VimWei »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-06-01, 09:57 UTC Chrome may be configured to not accept http downloads. Does it work with https?
Yes, it does.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

It seems there is an issue with created connection to Android devices which share files using WiFi Transfer plugin.

To access them using WebDAV plugin, the connection URL looks like this:
http://555.555.5.5:5.5.5.5/1234
where http://555.555.5.5:5.5.5.5 are some digits of the device IP:Port, and 1234 are some random "access code" digits to make connection url unique.

So WiFi-WLAN plugin changes that "access code" part of url.

When this happens, and user tries to connect with correct IP:Port but wrong "access code" part,
after entering the connection TC enters the location:
///WebDAV/<Connection name>/<old access code>/
but the /<old access code>/ is never a part of current directory path - TC only indicate entering there in FTP log list window.
There Total Commander shows pseudo file with a name "The URL has changed, please update the configuration!".
In the log it looks like:

Code: Select all

Get dir: /1234
PROPFIND /1234 HTTP/1.1
207 Multi-Status
=================
File receive: /1234\The URL has changed, please update the configuration!
GET /1234/The%20URL%20has%20changed,%20please%20update%20the%20configuration! HTTP/1.1
Error: 410 Gone: The server path has changed, please use the new URL!
Now if to open \\\WebDAV\ and there to change the url of our connection by changing there the access code to new one, say 5678, and to try entering \\\WebDAV\<Connection name>\ again, WebDAV plugin will stil try entering the URL with old access code. In the log it will look like:

CONNECT \<Connection name>
=================
PROPFIND /1234 HTTP/1.1
207 Multi-Status
=================
PROPFIND /1234 HTTP/1.1
207 Multi-Status
=================
PROPFIND /1234 HTTP/1.1
207 Multi-Status
=================
PROPFIND /1234 HTTP/1.1
207 Multi-Status
If to execute the command:
cd \\\WebDAV\<Connection name>\5678
or
cd \\\WebDAV\<Connection name>/5678
Total Commander will try to go to:
\\\WebDAV\<Connection name>\4736\5678

In the log it looks like:

=================
Get dir: /1234\5678
PROPFIND /1234/5678 HTTP/1.1
=================
Get dir: /1234/5678
PROPFIND /1234/5678 HTTP/1.1
To finally connect to the correct URL which is set in the connection properties it seems all the current connections must be disconnected (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) - after this entering \\\WebDAV\<Connection name>\ will make the plugin go to correct location:

Disconnected
CONNECT \<Connection name>
=================
Get dir: /5678
PROPFIND /5678 HTTP/1.1
207 Multi-Status
It would be nice if WebDAV plugin could recognize that user has changed the URL in connection properties and would use the correct access code set there immediately without a need to disconnect/reconnect.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You need to disconnect and then change the connection in the WebDAV plugin.

Btw, if you want to store connections, you should set a user name and password. Then you can use a fixed URL which will not change regularly.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-09-07, 13:47 UTCYou need to disconnect and then change the connection in the WebDAV plugin.
That's the problem I was writing about. An error mentions only second part of solution:
Error 410: wrote:The URL has changed, please update the configuration!
It doesn't say that disconnection+re-connection is required to make plugin read updated URL in its configuration!

I think plugin either should immediately use changed URL after user clicks OK in "Connect to WebDAV" configuration dialog, or an error message should make it clear disconnection+re-connection is also required to apply updated configuration.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-09-07, 13:47 UTCBtw, if you want to store connections, you should set a user name and password. Then you can use a fixed URL which will not change regularly.
Do you mean in WiFi Transfer plugin for Android which acts as a server? Yes, there it's possible, but this is not a default plugin behavior. Anyway, above problem is on WebDAV plugin which acts as a client.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
flychi

How to save the username/pwd in Quick connection

Post by *flychi »

Christian,

very nice plugin, thanks!

I have two problem about use.
1. I have to fill the username and password in "Quick connection" at every time use.whether may save the server and username\pwd by some kind of way? that's it , open the webdav server when I click the "Quick connection" only.
2. F7 is new a connection,but i don't know when to use this function,no trigger any action when press the F7 button.

Best regards,
CHI JP
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. "Quick connection" is meant for connecting to a third party server once, it's not meant to connect multiple times - just create a new connection for that.
2. F7 shows the normal "New folder" dialog. Just type a name for your correction and press Enter or click OK, then you will be asked for the connection details.
Yolk

Post by *Yolk »

Hello Christian

many thanks for brilliant work!

But I have troubles with using WebDAV plug-in with Mail.ru cloud.
I can't have access to folders with Cyrillic folder names. With Latin - everything is OK, but at attempt to enter to folder with Cyrillic name I receive Error: 400 Bad Request error message. Could you help somehow?

Thank you and best regards
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Yolk wrote: 2022-03-11, 09:08 UTC But I have troubles with using WebDAV plug-in with Mail.ru cloud.
I can't have access to folders with Cyrillic folder names.
Perhaps this helps:
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2011-02-07, 14:04 UTC Unfortunately there is no standard for sending Unicode via URLs, so TC tries to send the name the same way as the server reports it. Try to uncheck "Send/Receive accents in URLs as UTF-8 Unicode", this is the other common method to send the names. If this doesn't help, you will need to find out how exactly the names are sent by Explorer, so I can add this method.
Yolk

Post by *Yolk »

white wrote: 2022-03-11, 09:52 UTC
Yolk wrote: 2022-03-11, 09:08 UTC But I have troubles with using WebDAV plug-in with Mail.ru cloud.
I can't have access to folders with Cyrillic folder names.
Perhaps this helps:
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2011-02-07, 14:04 UTC Unfortunately there is no standard for sending Unicode via URLs, so TC tries to send the name the same way as the server reports it. Try to uncheck "Send/Receive accents in URLs as UTF-8 Unicode", this is the other common method to send the names. If this doesn't help, you will need to find out how exactly the names are sent by Explorer, so I can add this method.
It looks I found workaround. I copied folders from local HDD to cloud via drag-n-drop. Apparently the problem is in converting Cyrillic symbols. I made new folder with Cyrillic name via web interface and now I have access to it via WebDAV.
I'm sorry to trouble you
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you able to upload files to that Cyrillic folder with Total Commander? Then the problem is with folder creation only...