Services2 - File-system plugin to list and manage services

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2petermad
Thanks! Will be added to the next version. If you want to, you can add translation to pluginst.inf, too.

Regards
Dalai
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Please redownload http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/wfx_Services2_0.4.0_dan.zip for new translation including pluginst.inf
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
HAL 9000

Post by *HAL 9000 »

Dalai
oops, sorry, I messed up: I was talking about SystemEventsEx plugin, not Services2 :D
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

tcmadmin calls CreateNamedPipe with a special security descriptor which allows the main TC program to connect to the pipe. Otherwise it would of course not work.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Small update to Version 0.4.1:
Version 0.4.1 [2014-04-21]
[+] Added Hungarian translation, thanks to Bluestar!
[+] Added Danish translation, thanks to petermad!
[+] Added Italian translation, thanks to squeeze69!
[*] Made the settings dialog and plugin properties dialog wider to allow longer strings for translations
[*] Return icon state strings in FsExtractCustomIcon properly to allow TC to cache them only once per state (should decrease memory consumption)
Download link is available in first post.

-----
The concept for the admin tool is almost finished. Unfortunately, I currently don't have time to work on it, so I have to postpone it.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Small update to Version 0.4.2:
Version 0.4.2 [2014-07-25]
[+] Added Chinese translation, thanks to SunX!
[+] Added Russian translation, thanks to Alexander Gvaramiya (Nero Wolfe)!
[+] Added translation_instructions.txt which contains some instructions for translators. I hope the pluginst.inf and Services2.lng files are not forgotten that often anymore ;)
[*] (Hopefully) Fixed the issue that the icon of a service didn't reflect its real state when the option "Show service state in the extension column of TC's panel" was disabled
[*] Service properties dialog, Advanced page: Repositioned the controls and made some of them wider to allow longer strings for translations
[*] Fixed: Restart service function (in the service properties dialog) didn't show confirmation dialog to stop dependent services
[*] Changed "file download": string padding is now based on the longest (translated) string in the whole "file" instead of a fixed value of 20 characters. I hope this is better for translations.
[+] Added a new option (not available in settings dialog) AddTxtExtensionOnDownload, see Services2.ini.sample for explanation
[*] Some internal optimizations
Download link is available in first post.

Regards
Dalai
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hi Dalai,

thanks for reviving one of my favorite TC plugins, and especially for providing a 64-bit version. I'm loving it. :)
sophron

Post by *sophron »

Hello Dalai,

Services2 fails to launch on my TC8.51a Windows 8.1 Pro x64 w/Update 1,
and causes the TC window to close automatically (regardless of privilege elevation).

Any suggestion? :shock: Thank you.
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

sophron wrote:Services2 fails to launch on my TC8.51a Windows 8.1 Pro x64 w/Update 1,
Same OS, TC. Services2 work fine with TC 32bit and 64 bit.
Maybe you have some custom (nonsystem) services in OS (some programs services)
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

sophron wrote:Services2 fails to launch on my TC8.51a Windows 8.1 Pro x64 w/Update 1,
and causes the TC window to close automatically (regardless of privilege elevation).

Any suggestion? :shock: Thank you.
Sorry for responding so late.

Is there any legal download available for Win8 (final) or higher? Currently the latest version I have installed is Win8 Consumer Preview - and Services2 works there, of course. So, at the moment, I don't know and can't investigate what could cause this crash.

Anyway: Which TC version do you use (32 or 64 bit)? Did you try to use the 32 bit or 64 bit version, respectively? Did you try to disable custom columns view in the plugin settings? Is there any hint on this crash in the Windows events viewer?

Regards
Dalai
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Dalai
Is there any legal download available for Win8
Try running:
control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsAnytimeUpgrade
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2petermad
Thanks, but that would clog my internet connection for several hours (2 MBit/s only) and I would still not have an installation medium, and I would lose my Win8 installation (you never know if and when you need it, until you need it).

However, I found a legal download for Win8.1 (Update 1) Enterprise Eval (without the requirement for that stupid MS LiveID which I neither have nor want to have). The download and the installation will take some time. I'll get back when I have something to report.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2sophron
I have tested Services2 on Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise Eval (don't know if it has Update 1 included, but I guess that doesn't matter) and I could not find any problem, let alone a crash. The custom columns work, the "file download" (F3) works and setting the properties works, too. Starting and stopping services works as well, of course. I also tested the plugin in TC 32 and 64 bit - no problem at all.

So please answer the questions asked above, and please answer this one as well: Does the Services plugin (by Serge Kandakov) crash your TC as well?

Regards
Dalai
sophron

Post by *sophron »

Dalai wrote:Anyway: Which TC version do you use (32 or 64 bit)? Did you try to use the 32 bit or 64 bit version, respectively? Did you try to disable custom columns view in the plugin settings? Is there any hint on this crash in the Windows events viewer?
My TC is 64 bit and tested with both Services2.wfx and Services2.wfx64. When I try to use the plugin just after its installation, TC will automatically close. However, after rebooting the system, the issue mysteriously disappears. :roll:
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

sophron wrote:My TC is 64 bit and tested with both Services2.wfx and Services2.wfx64.
You can't use the 64 bit plugin version with a 32 bit TC and vice versa. So Services2.wfx won't work in a 64 bit TC, only Services2.wfx64 can.
When I try to use the plugin just after its installation, TC will automatically close. However, after rebooting the system, the issue mysteriously disappears. :roll:
Maybe your antivirus software blocks access to the newly created plugin files?

Regards
Dalai