DirSizeCalc Charts 1.10 (Lister plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Lefteous

I have a problem with the 64bit version of the plugin interfering with other plugins. Since I don't have the problem with the 32bit version I guess the problem is related to the plugin and not to TC itself

Setup: Install first DirSizeCalc Charts 1.10 and thereafter HTMLView 1.2.6. ( https://sites.google.com/site/htmlview ) - both plugins that can show directory information in QuickView.

In 32bit TC I can without problems shift between the two plugins in Quickview by putting focus on the QuickView panel and pressing 4.

In 64bit TC when I press 4, I see the collumn bar of HTMLView, but in order to have the panel content updated I have I have to scrool down the list. If I press 4 again I return to DirSizeCalc Charts view as expected, but if I press 4 again I am no longer able to switch to HTMLView.

If I try the same in the new separate QuickView Window of TC9 (cm_SeparateQuickView) it again works as expected when pressing 4 in the 32 bit version, but in the 64bit version I cannot shift to HTMLView by pressing 4 - I can however shift to HTMLView by the menu: Options -> 4 Image/Multimedia.

A peculiar thing: if I in the 64bit separate QuickView Window first press 4 (no change) and thereafter use Options -> 4, then if I scroll, the HTMLView the list is replaced with the list from DirSizeCalc Charts. If I ONLY use Options -> 4 to switch between the two plugins there is no such problem.

If HTMLView is prioritized BEFORE DirSizeCalc Charts in the Plugins setup, then again it works allrigth in the 32 bit version, and in the 64bit version I can shift from HTMLView to DirSizeCalc Charts by pressing 4 ONE time in QuickView. The second time I switch from HTMLView to DirSizeCalc Charts, then if I afterwards scroll with the mouse wheel or the scroll slider (but not if scrolling with the keyboard) the content of the DirSizeCalc Charts View is replaced with the HTMLView content. The same thing happens in the separate QuickView window when using 4 to shift between the plugins.

I cannot know if the fault lies in DirSizeCalc Charts, in HTMLView or in TC itself.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
As mentioned on earlier pages of this thread switching between DirSizeCalc Charts and other plugins isn't really working well. The problem is clearly on the DirSizeCalc side - as far as I know. I also posted a help request there but there were no replies.
The special conditions you describe are new though. I will investigate.

I will probably have to provide a sample plugin or similar to solve the mystery.
duri

Dynamic size

Post by *duri »

Lefteous wrote: Anyway DirSizeCalc Charts currently uses just the default unit (bytes). As there is no way to select the unit I'll have to add a setting.
Is there a plan to implement this feature? It would be really nice if it was possible to show size results in dynamic way in DirSizeCalc.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Is there a plan to implement this feature? It would be really nice if it was possible to show size results in dynamic way in DirSizeCalc.
Basically yes, but the unsolved problems of the plugins prevent me from adding improvements like this. I have to solve the window handling problems first.
EricB

Re: DirSizeCalc Charts 1.10 (Lister plugin)

Post by *EricB »

2Lefteous

I'm currently using TC 9.5 beta in dark mode. When using DirSizeCalc Charts with F3 or Ctrl-Q, the background is white. Could you provide a way to configure background colour, or try to use the configured colour in TC?

Regards, EricB
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Lister plugins aren't currently informed when TC is in dark mode. I will add a new parameter lcp_darkmode=128 sent to Lister plugins in the next beta.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-01-09, 16:10 UTC Lister plugins aren't currently informed when TC is in dark mode.
Yet, for example HexViewer Lister plugin already follows Total Commander theme.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
LeoLUG

Post by *LeoLUG »

Thanks for this plugin,
Is it possible to change the unit view, it should show in KB, MB and GB ?
i tried with the DirSizeCalcSettings64.exe, but wasn't able
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2LeoLUG
Yes, you need to add a custom unit in the settings tool and then check all three size dimensions. Optionally you can change the range for each of the size dimensions.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Maybe I'm wrong, but with the files DirSizeCalcSettings.exe and DirSizeCalcSettings64.exe
*in my opinion* currently you can only set up a new field for use in a 'Custom columns view'.

So in 'DirSizeCalc Charts' it is not possible to change the unit view.

Here's what it looks like on my end --> Picture.
Only after moving the plugin further up in TC x86, I got the same view as in TC x64.
Settings in %COMMANDER_PATH%\DirSizeCalc.ini

Code: Select all

[CustomFieldConfig_Kb_MB_GB]
FieldIndex=0
CalcMode=0
FollowJunctionPoints=1
FollowMountPoints=1
Recursive=1
UseCache=1
FileLimit=0

[CustomUnitConfig_Kb_MB_GB]
NumberOfDigits=0
DecimalSeparator=,
WantThousandSeparator=1
ThousandSeparator=.
AllowedUnits=15
MinFileSizeK=1024
MinFileSizeM=1048576
MinFileSizeG=1073741824
LeadingZero=1
WantByteDigits=1
SizeDisplayType=2
WantPrefix=1

[CustomFieldConfig_Dateianzahl_aktuelles_Verzeichnis] ;Number of files from current directory
FieldIndex=4
CalcMode=0
FollowJunctionPoints=1
FollowMountPoints=1
Recursive=0
UseCache=1
FileLimit=0

[CustomFieldConfig_Unterverzeichnisanzahl_aktuelles_Verzeichnis] ;Number of files in subdirectories
FieldIndex=3
CalcMode=0
FollowJunctionPoints=1
FollowMountPoints=1
Recursive=0
UseCache=1
FileLimit=0
Regards,
Karl
LeoLUG

Post by *LeoLUG »

Lefteous wrote: 2020-05-23, 13:33 UTC 2LeoLUG
Yes, you need to add a custom unit in the settings tool and then check all three size dimensions. Optionally you can change the range for each of the size dimensions.
I have tried it,but didn't worked out.
as tuska said, it seams to work only in columns view and not in the charts,
Maybe we do something wrong?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2LeoLUG
Okay I will check it.
hpcex

Post by *hpcex »

Lefteous wrote: 2020-05-24, 15:29 UTC 2LeoLUG
Okay I will check it.
Dear Sir,
today i install this addon to totalcmd v10.00,but MB GB still cannot display correctly,just B.

Image: https://i.loli.net/2021/06/14/NZbVT69umCGHInc.jpg