DirSizeCalc Charts 1.10 (Lister plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Rainie

Post by *Rainie »

Hello!

Lefteous, thank you for the charts plugin, a follower of that great VirtualDirSize.
I've probably found another bug. I still use VirtualDirSize as well as ieview.
DirSizeCalcCharts loads only on first try, when I press "4" a few more times, the plugin just loads and quickly skips to the next in order. Any subsequent presses of "4" rotate these plugins in a lister window with DirSizeCalcCharts instantly switching to the next.
If I place DirSizeCalcCharts under the other two in the [ListerPlugins] section, I can't use it at all.

UPD: When I use lister menu "View">"4", it works fine.

TC 8.51a x86 (as there are no x64 versions of VirtualDirSize and ieveiw)
DirSizeCalcCharts 1.01.
#197063 Personal licence
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Lefteous wrote:A new version is ready for download. 1.01 is a classic bugfix release. Thanks a lot for all the reports. I hope I have fixed them all.

History: http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/docs/dirsizecalccharts/history_charts.txt

Download:
Standalone version
Addon (DirSizeCalc content plugin must already be installed)
For me the textlines are clipped on the lower part.
Only if I put the cursor on a line its displayed with the full text hight.
Using Windows 8.1 x64 with High DPI settings and 2048 x 1152 resolution.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

ts4242 wrote:When put the cursor on an item, another items are highlighted too,
Fixed in 1.01
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Rainie
DirSizeCalcCharts loads only on first try, when I press "4" a few more times, the plugin just loads and quickly skips to the next in order.
Thanks for your report. I'll try to reproduce the described behavior.

2Horst.Epp
High DPI settings
High DPI isn't supported at the moment. I'll add support in one of the future versions.

2ts4242
Fixed in 1.01
Thanks for verifying it.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Finally I have some spare time to look at the new plugin version. A dying hard drive is really no fun at all :x.
Plugin history wrote:FIXED The focus is now set to the listbox when the plugins receives the focus.
[...]
FIXED The current system colors are now considered. [...]
FIXED Plugin window could not be closed when the listbox had the focus and user pressed ESC.
Confirm all three.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Dalai
Thanks for verifying! I hope your data is allright ;-) ?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

A new version is ready for download. 1.10 adds some features and hopefully fixes some bugs:
  • Added support for .. items
  • High dpi mode e.g. 120pi or 144 dpi should look just fine.
  • The way hotkeys are handled has been changed as the plugin could not be started when another plugin was displayed and user pressed 4. However it's unfortunately not a full fix as you have to press 4 twice in some cases. This includes opening the Lister not using the keyboard and then cycle through plugins by pressing 4.
  • The current path is now displayed in a new area above the file list.
  • The number of files in a folder is now displayed next to the size. This cannot be configured at the moment. A setting will be added later.
  • Pressing delete moves an item to the recycle bin. If moving to bin isn't possible the item will be deleted. A confirmation dialog is displayed in all cases.
  • It's now possible to navigate folders inside the plugin by pressing return or performing a doubleclick to go down or by pressing backspace to go up.
History: http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/docs/dirsizecalccharts/history_charts.txt

Download:
Standalone version
Addon (DirSizeCalc content plugin must already be installed)
Rainie

Post by *Rainie »

I've investigated the deletion feature:

1) Confirmation depends on the system recycle bin setting. It's definitely non-internal message box, but system's instead.

2) There is an issue when you have files with greater size than some folder (hard to reproduce): Image: http://i.imgur.com/b06bwFT.png
"File.txt" disappears, an additional folder with the same name shows up, however, only the selected file has actually been deleted.
#197063 Personal licence
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Lefteous

Thanks for the upgrade. It is nice that I can now navigate folders inside the plugin, but I miss a way to go up-dir again.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Rainie
1) Confirmation depends on the system recycle bin setting. It's definitely non-internal message box, but system's instead.
Yes indeed. Currently I completely rely on the system delete function. Do you expect something else?
There is an issue when you have files with greater size than some folder (hard to reproduce): Image: http://i.imgur.com/b06bwFT.png
"File.txt" disappears, an additional folder with the same name shows up, however, only the selected file has actually been deleted.
Thank you for the report. I will perform some additional checks. So far I couldn't reproduce it.

2petermad
It is nice that I can now navigate folders inside the plugin, but I miss a way to go up-dir again.
Backspace doesn't work for you?
Rainie

Post by *Rainie »

Lefteous wrote:Do you expect something else?
I read your post literally "A confirmation dialog is displayed in all cases."
It's potentially dangerous feature so I tested it.
#197063 Personal licence
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Backspace doesn't work for you?
Aha, yes. But if one uses mouse double-clicks it would be convenient with a mouse-way to go back (maybe right-click)
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Rainie
I read your post literally "A confirmation dialog is displayed in all cases."
It's potentially dangerous feature so I tested it.
Isn't it always displayed? That would be a bug. Is this the case?
Or is your concern that the system-wide setting is considered? Please clarity.
Aha, yes. But if one uses mouse double-clicks it would be convenient with a mouse-way to go back (maybe right-click)
Yes, of course there should be some way to go up using the mouse. What would you prefer?
- Doubleclick on .. item. The downside is that you have to select this item first
- Just right click. I guess there will be a context menu sooner or later so I would have to add it here.
- Somekind of breadcrumb mechanism
- Any other ideas?
Rainie

Post by *Rainie »

2Lefteous
The confirmation dialog isn't displayed if you have turned off deletion confirmation in the recycle bin settings.

Considering a mouse-way to go to parent directory. Any kind of breadcrumb would be nice, a ".." element is pretty easily understood. I also suggest something like button bar for the future functions.
#197063 Personal licence
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

What would you prefer?
- Doubleclick on .. item. The downside is that you have to select this item first
- Just right click. I guess there will be a context menu sooner or later so I would have to add it here.
- Somekind of breadcrumb mechanism
Hmm, If there will be a context menu, then off course there should be a Back item there, but that requires two clicks, so I think there should be an alternative.

Click on a [..] item would be intuitive and should be there, maybe as an option - some people seems to dislike the [..] item in the file panels.

Maybe a modified click like Shift+click - but then you might argue that one could just as well use the backspace key, but I like to keep my right hand on the mouse, and then I find it more comfortable to use my left hand with the left Shift (or Ctrl) key in stead of crossing my left hand over to the backspace key.
License #524 (1994)