Prioritizing sharing plug-in functionality

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Prioritizing sharing plug-in functionality

Post by *pdavit »

I would appreciate some proposals and/or possible configuration tweaking to tackle the following situation.

Some TC plug-ins share common features.

For example, I'm using the uLister plug-in in order to QuickView pdfs and MSWord documents and that is my focus of its usage, i.e. exclusively for documents.
This plug-in though also has the ability to display images "stealing" functionality from another WLX plug-in I have installed (Imagine) which I prefer for images. Displays them much better and fetches thumbnails faster plus more advance image-oriented functionality.

Is there a possibility to prioritize such sharing functionality?
Or maybe alternatively I will have to tweak at the ini level of the individual plug-ins to "exclude" support for certain filetypes (if indeed supported).

Under Configuration > Thumbnails, we have for example two relevant options for loading thumbnails: 'Get from Lister plugins for' and 'Get from Irfan/Xnview for' (not using latter) where filetypes can be defined. But of course thumbnails is only part of the full story since QuickView also involves plug-in loading.

We have internal commands to load Lister without plug-in functionality but I presume this means the display of images will be handled internally by what TC supports now while I do actually need a plug-in to intervene but apparently a specific one.

Thank you in advance for any replies.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

You can block certain extensions in ULister with entries in its ini file.
For example for Exe/Dll files:
noloadtypes=1800
nopreviewtypes=1800
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Horst.Epp wrote:You can block certain extensions in ULister with entries in its ini file.
For example for Exe/Dll files:
noloadtypes=1800
nopreviewtypes=1800
That should do the trick.

Thanks a lot!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!