CudaLister (source code viewer)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nut99

Re: CudaLister (source code viewer)

Post by *nut99 »

Wordwrap does not work properly in Qucik View. When CudaLister loads a text file in Quick View for the first time, the text is always shown with no wrap, despite the WordWrap setting.

CudaLister 1.6.11.0
Win7 x64
TC: 9.22a, both 64bit and 32bit
nut99
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

There is no option to permanently set wrap !
But its only one click in the status line even in quick view to get wrap set.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
nut99

Post by *nut99 »

Got it. An option would be much appreciated. :)
nut99
nut99

Post by *nut99 »

Another function requirement: remember cursor position. Thanks a lot!
nut99
nut99

Post by *nut99 »

Total commander crashes when F3 is pressed to view any file with an extension .ejs. If I set another text editor as the default viewer for F3, everything is OK.

I later found that this problem is related to a lexer named 'HTML Embedded JS'. Deleting the lexer file will fix the error.
nut99
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Lister plugins don't allow to switch to RTF view

Post by *Usher »

DrShark wrote: 2020-01-22, 20:28 UTC
history950.txt wrote:20.01.20 Fixed: Couldn't switch to plugins with '4' key when viewing RTF file with Alt+Shift+F3 (32/64)
I can confirm the fix in TC 9.50 RC1 on Vista 32-bit.
It's not fully fixed yet. Tested on Windows XP, on not-so-new PC.

Explanation:

1. Install CudaLister plugin with many lexer rules (at least don't delete any rule installed with default package) and configure it to use some large Unicode font, f.e. Fixedsys Excelsior 3.01.
It's TrueType duospaced font with metrics similar to system raster font Fixedsys.fon, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duospaced_font
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixedsys
Unfortunately this font (and probably any duospaced font) doesn't work properly in Lister.
2. Find many RTF files and sort them by size.
3. Start viewing any file with F3, then press 4 to switch viewer/plugin and watch what happens for files with different sizes.

In my case results are following:
A. For almost all files larger than 2 MiB (about 12 thousand lines of RTF code) works only internal RTF viewer. It's almost impossible to switch to CudaLister. It may be a limitation of that plugin.
B. For files smaller than 2 MiB CudaLister view is loaded by default and switching to internal RTF viewer works properly in most cases.
C. For very small RTF files (smaller than 100 KiB) it's almost impossible to switch view to internal RTF viewer. In most cases when I press 4, I can see Lister RTF preview for a moment only, then cudalister view goes back. For some files I can successfully switch to Lister preview if I press 4 a few times in a proper moment, for the smallest files switching is impossible in any case.

It looks like a problem with timing/races. Maybe it's enough to clean keyboard buffer and add timeout after pressing 4 to prevent autoswitching back.

Note: There is more Lister plugins installed in my case, but none of them doesn't detect RTF and only CudaLister works as Lister replacement with autodetection.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Usher wrote: 2020-01-23, 12:32 UTCIt's not fully fixed yet ... 1. Install CudaLister plugin with many lexer rules (at least don't delete any rule installed with default package) and configure it to use some large Unicode font, f.e. Fixedsys Excelsior 3.01.
It's TrueType duospaced font with metrics similar to system raster font Fixedsys.fon, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duospaced_font
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixedsys
Unfortunately this font (and probably any duospaced font) doesn't work properly in Lister.
2. Find many RTF files and sort them by size.
3. Start viewing any file with F3, then press 4 to switch viewer/plugin and watch what happens for files with different sizes.
C. For very small RTF files (smaller than 100 KiB) it's almost impossible to switch view to internal RTF viewer. In most cases when I press 4, I can see Lister RTF preview for a moment only, then cudalister view goes back. For some files I can successfully switch to Lister preview if I press 4 a few times in a proper moment, for the smallest files switching is impossible in any case.
This issue is not RTF view bug, but rather a bug in switching from CudaLister. I reported it by email about a week ago, with video and my installed packages of CudaLister (btw, I can reproduce this with default CudaLister settings too) and ulister, because I found it when trying to switch from CudaLister to ulister on small *.js / *.ts files too. So far Christian Ghisler didn't write whether he can reproduce this, but maybe now it will be easier since we know it happens not only on switch to other plugin, but also on switch to RTF.

2 moderators
Please consider splitting above and this posts to separate bug report topic.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

DrShark wrote: 2020-01-23, 13:08 UTC
Usher wrote: 2020-01-23, 12:32 UTCIt's not fully fixed yet ... 1. Install CudaLister plugin (...)
This issue is not RTF view bug, but rather a bug in switching from CudaLister.
So for now the only workaround is to remove RTF lexer (and other lexers if needed) and set "Allow opening only for files with lexer" in CudaLister, I think.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This sounds more like a cudalister problem. What happens when you uncheck RTF in the Lister options (second tab)? Do these files load with cudalister then?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod=Hacker]Moved previous five posts from Lister plugins don't allow to switch to RTF view.[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-01-23, 16:10 UTCWhat happens when you uncheck RTF in the Lister options (second tab)? Do these files load with cudalister then?
Yes, with RTF=0 in wincmd.ini CudaLister opens RTF, and it looks like it loads it twice (the refresh happens after file is loaded the first time).

Sample RTF file (to download using Total Commander copy the link, in TC press Ctrl+N, paste link, press OK, in next "Local filename" dialog add .zip extension, if SSL warning will appear press Yes in it; rtf file is in zip archive).
With following wincmd.ini:

Code: Select all

[Lister]
RTF=1
[ListerPlugins]
0=c:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\CudaLister\cudalister.wlx
0_detect="EXT="RTF""
Lister of TC 9.50 RC1 opens file in CudaLister, and after pressing '4' it re-uses CudaLister instead of using internal RTF viewer.
With following wincmd.ini:

Code: Select all

[Lister]
RTF=1
[ListerPlugins]
0=c:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\CudaLister\cudalister.wlx
0_detect="(FORCE & EXT="RTF") | !(EXT="RTF")"
TC opens file in internal RTF viewer, after pressing '4' key switches to CudaLister, with all next '4' it will continue to use CudaLister.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

I contacted Alextp by email regarding this switch bug, he wrote he's too busy right now for CudaLister bugfixing, but since CudaLister's code is open, any developer, who is willing to, can fix it.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Usher wrote: 2020-01-23, 13:46 UTCSo for now the only workaround is to remove RTF lexer (and other lexers if needed) and set "Allow opening only for files with lexer" in CudaLister, I think.
There is a better workaround: to switch from CudaLister using Lister's menu Options->4 Image/Multimedia (to access it from keyboard while in CudaLister, press Alt+Space and right arrow key).
Chrisian Ghisler in email explained that there is a problem only if to switch with '4' key:
Chrisian Ghisler wrote:I'm getting two separate key events which look exactly the same. Both seem to come from CudaLister itself, and none from the subclass procedure I set on a plugin. [So for Lister] it looks exactly like two separate ['4'] keypresses. Also when I disable "read only" mode in CudaLister, it doesn't send any '4' events because the character is used for typing.
To me it looka like 100% CudaLister bug (the situation in "read only" CudaLister mode).
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Dang...

the CudaLister project on Github has its issue tracker disabled. End of April its issue tracker was still open/active.
Lets hope this is "just" the author trying to shield himself from some abusive post(s) in the issue tracker and not a sign of him freezing/suspending/abandoning the project. :(
(Reading what i just wrote sounds kinda weird , hoping for abusive behavior)
Schmitty

CudaLister (source code viewer)

Post by *Schmitty »

I was in contact with the author who is regularly working on the project.
He told me that he will release a bugfix (re: themes, file formats) soon on totalcmd.net