Is there any plugin which replicates Windows explorer's grouping in Total Commander.

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

blablaalb

Is there any plugin which replicates Windows explorer's grouping in Total Commander.

Post by *blablaalb »

What I want is this line Image: https://ibb.co/SfgVtTQ, which appears in explorer when I group files, to have in Total Commander.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Is there any plugin which replicates Windows explorer's grouping in Total Commander.

Post by *Horst.Epp »

This is available with the TwinKey plugin.
http://www.mgpsoft.net/Downloads/?MD
Use the entry TwinKey.zip on top from 29-Jan-2017 21:42
Please note that there are no lines between groups as in Explorer.

From its help:
Order by group
Show First option allows to put groups of files to the top of the file list and Show Last option allows to put files at end of the file list. Group definition is a sequence of wildcards delimited by semicolon. Groups are separated by vertical line. By default, groups are sorted in the listed order, and the files within each group retain the current TC sort. If you put a sign ">" at the beginning of the definition, then the files within each group will sorted according to wildcard sequence also.

It is possible to use TC saved searches and predefined selections as wildcard. Name of TC's definition should be prefixed by "=" sign.
You can enable/disable grouping without erasing whole definition.
Grouping can be set globally (on "File Panels" page) or per folder basis.

Examples:
1. String "*.zip:*.rar:*.7z|*.exe:*.dll:*.w?x" will put at top of the file list all archives followed by executables files.
2. String ">*.bmp:*.jpg:*.png" will put at top of the file list BMP files followed by JPG files followed by PNG files.
3. String "=Archives|=Executables" will put at top of the file list all archives followed by executables files according to saved TC's definitions.

NOTES: File grouping isn't applicable inside archives, FTP, FS-plugins and virtual folders. When file under the cursor is deleted, the cursor can jump on to the "really" following file and not on the next file in filelist.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
blablaalb

Re: Is there any plugin which replicates Windows explorer's grouping in Total Commander.

Post by *blablaalb »

Hi @Horst.Epp. Thanks for quick reply but I'm having problems with this plugin. I installed this addon but don't see any options. Where are they located ? .
blablaalb

Post by *blablaalb »

I'm quite new to installing plugins, a little bit of help would be appreciated:) I installed this plugin by pressing Enter in Total Commander and then OK in the "Content plugin" window.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

blablaalb wrote: 2018-11-25, 17:06 UTC I'm quite new to installing plugins, a little bit of help would be appreciated:) I installed this plugin by pressing Enter in Total Commander and then OK in the "Content plugin" window.
Please read readme.html
The installation section describes what to do for enabling the plugin.
The configuration of the plugin itself is done by executing TwinkUtil.exe
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64