Create public git repositories for plugin interface files

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Create public git repositories for plugin interface files

Post by *tbeu »

I'd like to see the interface files of the four plugin interface types (and also the cunicode.cpp and header I see in many plugin projects) as public Git repositories, preferably at GitHub. I know, I can add it on my own and add as submodules from there, but having it somehow more official does indeed look better. And, it might also be good to have the complete development history of these plugin interfces files to reference a specific version.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Create public git repositories for plugin interface files

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Wouldn't that allow others to modify/fork the headers? This could confuse people, because the headers wouldn't be what is really needed to write plugins.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-01-09, 10:35 UTC Wouldn't that allow others to modify/fork the headers? This could confuse people, because the headers wouldn't be what is really needed to write plugins.
Sure, that would be the benefit. Everyone can fork the repository, apply fixes (typos, layout, clarifications etc.) and provide change/merge/pull requests for you to consider. But it is only you that can accept these requests and publish releases (new plugin interface versions) as owner of the official repository.

Thinking further, I also would like to see the html documentation as part of the repository with automatic page generation. See my proof of concept here:
Last edited by tbeu on 2019-01-11, 07:31 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It seems that you have commited HTML as .H and .PAS files. :D
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

MVV wrote: 2019-01-11, 05:45 UTC It seems that you have commited HTML as .H and .PAS files. :D
Ah, right. Fixed.
VSB

Post by *VSB »

Please, remove font-size:x-small from ie.css (medium is ok)
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

This was a test only as proof of concept. I do not want to host them officially. This should happen at https://github.com/ghisler (still being available).
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

It is now all available at https://github.com/ghisler.

@ghisler I'd be rather relieved to pass the account credentials to you.