ShellDetails 1.26 (Content plug-in)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dec

Post by *Dec »

Lefteous wrote:but you decided to read and quote only the first sentence.
Sorry, my bad.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Dec
Sorry, my bad.
No offense taken. I just want to make sure you didn't overread the 2nd sentence :-)

2xmeron
So if you really want to display the recycle bin fields in the physical folder do the following.
  1. Add the following setting to your shelldetails.ini

Code: Select all

[Directories]
    Dir_1=c:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-839522115-515967899-725345543-30720
    The above path is just an example of a physical recycle bin folder. So please replace with your own.
  2. Restart TC
  3. Open the recycle bin folder and the missing fields to the column view (or wherever you want to use the field). Yes they are there - just scroll down the whole list :P (I guess it won't be that painful in TC 9 anymore)
    'shelldetails.Date deleted' and 'shelldetails.Origin' (translated from German) are the newly added fields. The human-readable filename should be the already existing field shelldetails.Filename.
xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

2Lefteous
Lefteous wrote:just scroll down the whole list :P (I guess it won't be that painful in TC 9 anymore)
Yes, the super long field list is a real horrible thing.
Lefteous wrote:The human-readable filename should be the already existing field shelldetails.Filename
Yes, the Original Filename before deletion is shelldetails.Filename.
A strange thing is there are always some weird files which deleted on 1899/12/30 08:00:00, they show in TC recycle bin but never show in windows recycle bin, after you empty windows recycle bin, these files also disappear from TC, seems they are ghost file.

2Dec
Dec wrote:Did you try decRecycleBinWDX?
Tried both 32bit and 64bit, only the tab fields show there (Original Name, Original Location, Date Deleted), no any content shows below tab header, don't know where the problem is, any suggestion?
Dec

Post by *Dec »

xmeron wrote:Tried both 32bit and 64bit, only the tab fields show there (Original Name, Original Location, Date Deleted), no any content shows below tab header, don't know where the problem is, any suggestion?
It is not a good idea to talk about decRecycleBinWDX inside topic of ShellDetails :) Maybe it will be better to create new topic or contact me via support_tc4shell.com.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2xmeron
A strange thing is there are always some weird files which deleted on 1899/12/30 08:00:00, they show in TC recycle bin but never show in windows recycle bin, after you empty windows recycle bin, these files also disappear from TC, seems they are ghost file.
Well yes the virtual folder isn't the same as the physical folder. So please go and support my request.
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=294937#294937
xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

Lefteous wrote: Well yes the virtual folder isn't the same as the physical folder. So please go and support my request.
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=294937#294937
Already support there, it's a very old problem for TC, hope to see a final solution.
Dec wrote:It is not a good idea to talk about decRecycleBinWDX inside topic of ShellDetails :) Maybe it will be better to create new topic or contact me via support_tc4shell.com.
I searched decRecycleBinWDX in this forum, but found nothing. Why not just like other authors, put a plugin new thread here, then users can follow their questions, and you answer them?
xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

After half a month pass, there is still no reply, Mr. Dec should be a little busy.

2Lefteous
Do you know any plugin can provide field: Current Date and Current Time? If answer is no, can you please add this to ShellDetails? Current Date and Current Time are useful when need to Multi-Rename.

By the way, why not create some folders, e.g., General, Document, Video&Audio, Picture, then put ShellDetails' items to relevant folder, that will help users to find right fields much easier.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2xmeron
Do you know any plugin can provide field: Current Date and Current Time?
No only the fields in multi rename tool.
If answer is no, can you please add this to ShellDetails? Current Date and Current Time are useful when need to Multi-Rename.
As written above it's already there.
By the way, why not create some folders, e.g., General, Document, Video&Audio, Picture, then put ShellDetails' items to relevant folder, that will help users to find right fields much easier.
I would love to do that but there is no mechanism to do so. I'm planning a settings tool where you can disable some fields.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Lefteous,
If answer is no, can you please add this to ShellDetails? Current Date and Current Time are useful when need to Multi-Rename.
As written above it's already there.
Nope, they are not.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Hacker
Nope, they are not.
Sorry I must have mixed up these fields.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Semi - Off-topic:

Who knows a stand-alone tool (without TC), which can write these data to a TXT or CSV file?

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Peter wrote:Semi - Off-topic:

Who knows a stand-alone tool (without TC), which can write these data to a TXT or CSV file?

Peter
TCBL is unfortunately not working with shellDetails (I should get rid of SuperWdx)..
If you can script with powershell, you can get what you need adapting some script even if is not Using ShellDetails.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/windows/desktop/bb787870%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9420055/enumerate-file-properties-in-powershell

You can even probably do it also using VBA from excel.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Hi nsp

unfortunately I'm not a big programmer ...

TC offers the way to copy the values of (userdefined) columns to clipboard - a similar feature for Explorer would be great.

But I will stop my offtopic-question here to not disturb this thread.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Dec

Post by *Dec »

Peter wrote:Who knows a stand-alone tool (without TC), which can write these data to a TXT or CSV file?
You can try my CopyDetails. It integrates with Explorer and adds additional menu item:

Image: http://www.tc4shell.com/img/CopyDetailsMenu.jpg

It allows user to copy to clipboard or save to file content of columns of selected files in Explorer (or TC).
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Dec wrote:You can try my CopyDetails. ...
Perfect! Wonderful! Thanks a lot :D
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64