POP3/SMTP EmailPlugin - feature request

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djk
Power Member
Power Member

POP3/SMTP EmailPlugin - feature request

Post by *djk »

It could be useful if I could see more information browsing the tree of mail accounts.
I mean - the plugin could check automaticly the accounts in some periods of time (eg. every 10 min.) and display additional information.
I'd like to see for example the tree this way:

- [...]
- [Quick connection] <DIR>
- [My account No1] <2003-04-03 12:00> <2/5 msgs>
- [My account No2] <2003-04-03 07:45> <0/1 msgs>
- [Add account] 0
- [Edit account] 0

The first value is the date and time of the newest email.
The second one is the number of messages in the mail box (new messages / all messages)
JoeyHH

Post by *JoeyHH »

I agree with djk, an adjustable refresh-time is great.

It would be nice ,if ctrl-B could work for all email-accounts.
Another thing would be ,to see eml-files with attached Files in lister and not uuencoded?
How can i create a packer-extension eml ,that opens eml in Lister?
Greetings JoeyHH
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

2djk
1.) There are bunch of tools which do this auto check in background for you that's why I do not plan to implement the auto check feature in the plugin.
2.) Because of the simplicity of the POP3 protocol it is not possible to determine if mails are new/unread or not :-(
This feature will be available in the IMAP4 EmailPlugin (IMAP4 is an extended mail protocol which allows to retrieve additional mailbox information...)

2JoeyHH
1.) Ctrl-B is not supported by TC's filesystem interface.
2.) You need to write a packer plugin which does a mail parsing and shows the parts of a MIME mail as files.
Btw. you need to download the eml files first before you can open it with your packer plugin so it would be better to write a lister plugin instead...
Browse the web with the HTTP SmartBrowserPlugin
Check your mails with the POP3/SMTP EmailPlugin!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

1.) There are bunch of tools which do this auto check in background for you that's why I do not plan to implement the auto check feature in the plugin.
I know there are a lot of such tools, but there are also tools which do the same what your plugin does. But if I began to use your's one, I'd like it could do more than it does. :-)
2.) Because of the simplicity of the POP3 protocol it is not possible to determine if mails are new/unread or not :-(
I...know ;-)... but it... would be nice ... :-)
But if it could autocheck the account ( :-) ) it could show at least the number of all messages ;-) and the time of the last one ;-)

Think about it, please :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

2djk
It would mean to use a timer and would freeze TC when it performs an autocheck in background that's why it is better to use an "external" application for that...
Unfortunatily the interface allows only to set a time and a size for a folder and no additional information ("1/4" etc.)
Btw. The new/unread feature will be available in the IMAP4 version...
Peter Abelsson

Post by *Peter Abelsson »

An IMAP4 version would be great :-). Looking forward try such a plugin.

Regards, Peter