Ultimate File Manager [Total Commander with predefined apps/plugins and settings]

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Pawel

Ultimate File Manager [Total Commander with predefined apps/plugins and settings]

Post by *Pawel »

Hi,
I am developing Ultimate File Manager Project.
Thanks to Christian (thank you again) I could distribute with my project the best file manager all over the world - Total Commander.

As I wrote in project description:
"...Ultimate File Manager (UFM) is an advanced File Manager distributed with carefully selected and configured freeware applications. The purpose of UFM project is making the best environment to run your favourite applications within one place. Main application of the project is well-known and appreciated Total Commander File Manager (shareware) or its freeware equivalent Multi Commander. UFM lets you manage all of your files and applications in best and simplest way. This properly configured, easy to use and very powerfull environment gives you the best experience, whatever you want to do!..."

Here is the project website: https://ultimatefilemanager.pl

It is still work in progress. Soon, I am going to add more (all! :)) plugins... But it all need time.
Give it a try. If you like it, share and joy :) If you really like it - donate :P.

What should I add to make it better? What is your expectation from project like this?
Thanks for any idea and comments.

-Pawel
Last edited by Pawel on 2024-03-07, 21:44 UTC, edited 4 times in total.
Pawel

Re: Ultimate File Manager

Post by *Pawel »

Ultimate File Manager 7.5 was released today!
It support Total Commander 10.0 now.
Project website: https://pawelporwisz.pl/ufm/download_en.php

Please, give it a try!
If you have any sugessions, proposition just tell me.

What plugins should I add to the UFM project?
-Pawel
Pawel

Post by *Pawel »

Ultimate File Manager 7.7 was released today!

* Support for Czech language (thanks habada.l)
* New Installer/Uninstaller (beta!)
- Installer engine based on NSIS (GUI written in Delphi CE)
- Full Dark Mode Support
- Enhanced interface look and feeling
* New UFM Menu Builder Applications (creates menu and button bar)
- Rewritten UFM Total Commander Menu Builder (TCBuilder.exe)
- Rewritten UFM Multi Commander Menu Builder (MCBuilder.exe)
- Both tools removed from installation (works only during installation)
* UFM Launcher Application Update
- New dialog to choose File Manager (if both TC and MC are installed)
* New Total Commander Shortcuts
- F2 (RenameOnly)
- F9 (CreateShortcut)
- F10 (GoToFirstFile)
- F11 (GetFileSpace)
- F12 (SetAttrib)
- Alt+F10 (SelectCurrentPath)
- Shift+F10 (EditPath)
- Alt+PGDN (GoToDir)
- Alt+PGUP (GoToParent)
- Ctrl+PGUP (OpenNewTabBg)
- Ctrl+D (DirectoryHotlist)
- Ctrl+E (SrcCustomViewMenu)
- Ctrl+Shift+H (SwitchHidSys)
- Ctrl+Shift+Q (SrcQuickInternalOnly)
- Ctrl+Shift+Space (CountDirContent)
* New Total Commander option to select FileName (without extension)
* Applications updates and bug fixes
* Core UFM project changes (WIP...)

* Added: [WFX Plugin] Secure FTP 2.8

* Updated: [App] AIMP 4.70.2254.0 (Lite/Full, Only 32-Bit)
* Updated: [App] Audacity 3.0.5.0 (Full)
* Updated: [App] HandBrake 1.4.1.0 (Full, Only 64-bit)
* Updated: [App] HWiNFO 7.10.4540.0 (Full)
* Updated: [App] KeePass 2.49.0.0 (Full)
* Updated: [App] Notepad++ 8.1.5.0 (Lite/Full)
* Updated: [App] NSIS 3.8.0.0 (Full, Only 32-Bit)
* Updated: [App] TeamViewer 15.22.3.0 (Full)
* Updated: [App] XnView 2.50.2.0 (Full, Only 32-Bit)

* Updated: [Lib] FFmpeg Command Line Tool (2021-09-30, 64-Bit)

* Misc: [UFM] Updated Internal Build Tools
* Misc: [UFM] Updated Language Files
* Misc: [UFM] Updated Help System
* Misc: [UFM] General Tweaks, Improvements and Optimizations

Please, give it a try!

What plugins should I add to the UFM project?
-Pawel
Pawel

Post by *Pawel »

Ultimate File Manager 8.2 was released today!

Ultimate File Manager 8.2 is a major release, which introduces a number of new features and fixes many bugs. Major changes were made to internal applications of the project, Total Commander file manager interface and configuration file structure (many of the changes are not directly visible, but they significantly improve and simplify the creation and use of the UFM).

UFM internal applications - UFM SysInfo (displaying basic information about hardware and system) and UFM NewDir (quick creation of multiple files and directories) ara now Final. All planned functionalities have been implemented, so future updates will only introduce fixes and improvements. All UFM applications have been unified in terms of appearance. The code has been refactored and is now shared.

In this release, most of the changes focus on the Total Commander file manager. Several improvements have been made in the menu (language options, about project) and in the button bars (UFM Shell Manager and UFM NewDir). Added missing downloads directory in Folders menu (thanks Tony). Added predefined templates for custom views (Audio, Video and Photos). Improved custom column mode (Shift + F1) with new plugins that define appropriate fields (Audio, Video, Pictures, Size, Info). Added support for thumbnail view templates (Shift + Ctrl + F1) depending on the type of files displayed in the list. Finally, predefined templates for Multi-Rename Tool (Ctrl + M) have been added.

The latest version of UFM also brings, as usual, an update of external applications and plugins (Total Commander) to their latest versions.

Note: Changes in file structure force uninstallation of older version and installation of new one (clean install).

---
Please, give it a try!
-Pawel
Pawel

Re: Ultimate File Manager [Total Commander with predefined apps/plugins and settings]

Post by *Pawel »

Ultimate File Manager 9.0 was released today!

Ultimate File Manager 9.0 is the anniversary release. The first version of the project was released on May 1, 2017.
This release is exactly the 50th version that was released in just over 5 years!

Ultimate File Manager is dedicated to all its users. It is thanks to you that this project is still developing and becoming more complete and user-friendly with each release. Ultimate File Manager is a non-commercial product! The project brings no material benefit. It is created out of passion for You and me. 5 years is a long time ... Ultimate File Manager was released at regular intervals. A lot has changed during this time. A lot of work has been done to develop the project. A lot of resources and time were devoted. Each new version introduced new functionalities, fixes and improvements.

Ultimate File Manager 9.0 is a major release that brings a number of fixes and improvements. Total Commander file manager has been updated to the latest version. UFM supports now Korean language (thanks to pCsOrI). Several TC drive bar icon packs and TC plugins have also been added (thanks to their authors). The latest version of the UFM also brings, as usual, an update of external applications and plugins (Total Commander) to their latest versions.

---
Please, give it a try!
-Pawel

Ps: As always - big thanks to Christian Ghisler for his agree to build UFM project based on Total Commander - the best File Manager all over the world!
Pawel

Re: Ultimate File Manager [Total Commander with predefined apps/plugins and settings]

Post by *Pawel »

Ultimate File Manager 9.1 was released!
Project website: https://pawelporwisz.pl/ufm/download.php

Ultimate File Manager 9.1 is the anniversary release. The first version of the project was released on May 1, 2017.
This release is exactly the 51th version that was released in just over 5 years!

Ultimate File Manager is dedicated to all its users. It is thanks to you that this project is still developing and becoming more complete and user-friendly with each release. Ultimate File Manager is a non-commercial product! The project brings no material benefit. It is created out of passion for You and me. 5 years is a long time ... Ultimate File Manager was released at regular intervals. A lot has changed during this time. A lot of work has been done to develop the project. A lot of resources and time were devoted. Each new version introduced new functionalities, fixes and improvements.

Ultimate File Manager 9.1 is a major release that brings a number of fixes and improvements. Total Commander File Manager have been updated to the latest version. The latest version of the UFM also brings, as usual, an update of external applications and plugins to their latest versions.

---
Please, give it a try!
-Pawel

Ps: As always - big thanks to Christian Ghisler for his agree to build UFM project based on Total Commander - the best File Manager all over the world!
Pawel

Post by *Pawel »

Ultimate File Manager 9.5 was released!
Project website: https://pawelporwisz.pl/ufm/download.php

Ultimate File Manager is dedicated to all its users. This project becoming more complete and user-friendly with each release (Ultimate File Manager is a non-commercial product!). It is created out of passion for You and me. Each new version introduced new functionalities, fixes and improvements.

Ultimate File Manager 9.5 is a major release. It has a lot of fixes and improvements. There is a new internal UFM application - UFM Hash (it allows you to create/verify checksum files). Enhanced support for High-DPI in all UFM applications. External applications have been updated to the latest versions. More in changelog...

---
Please, give it a try!
-Pawel

Pawel

Post by *Pawel »

Hey,

I am looking for SPANISH and ITALIAN volunteer translators (native speaker) for my project - ULTIMATE FILE MANAGER (check the link in footer).
Translation files are 70% complete... I need someone who will help me and finish translation. I will send all needed files.

Please, let me know if anyone of you is interested. If so, contact me.
-Pawel
Pawel

Post by *Pawel »

I would like to invite you to try my Ultimate File Manager Project. Lastest version is 11.0 (like Total Commander :P).

UFM is an extension for Total Commander File Manager. It adds some pre-configured plugins, external applications and some settings. Everything in one package with great installer. Give it a try!

I am also waiting for your sugesstions. What should I change? What should I add (plugin/icon pack, etc)? What functionality you would like to see?
Here is a changelog for newest version: https://pawelporwisz.pl/ufm/news.php

Here is a download page: https://pawelporwisz.pl/ufm/download.php

-Pawel
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

Did you include today's "very silent update" - published due a lack of digital signature? - viewtopic.php?t=79770
Pawel

Post by *Pawel »

No, I didn't. I didn't know about it...
It is not so important. I think, I will not change it. Should I?
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Pawel wrote: 2023-08-03, 16:19 UTC Should I?
Yes, you should.
Pawel

Post by *Pawel »

@Gral
Thanks for info about that silent TC change.

@white
Just compiled and reuploaded UFM 11 with newest TC installer.
eltome

Post by *eltome »

There is no better package than Ultimate File Manager. In TC for the first time I noticed a lot of possibilities in the "Power Pack" http://www.totalcommander.pl/rozbudowa-total-commandera/. It stopped being continued and I also came across "T.C. Ultima Prime" and UFM has a cool design .

There is a request . Can you in 'UFM Shell Manager' do so that you can open files for preview (not edit) in Notepad++ with the

Code: Select all

-ro
(read only) option. This can be done in the ShellManagerApps.ini , but it could be set from this tool.

If you want, write on the POL. subforum
Pawel

Post by *Pawel »

@eltome
Thanks.
Please, describe your request in Polish sub-forum.
I am not quite sure what you are asking for. Do you want to open files in read-only mode? Even in F4 (Edit Mode)?
Shell Manager lets you open any file (F3) or edit file (F4) - in both modes you can edit files.
-Pawel