VSOFS - OBEX plugin for Siemens/BenQ-Siemens x55/r65/x75/x85

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Translation of changes in VSOFS v.1.7.5.578:
  • Corrected the error of copying to phone the files that are locked by other processes (led to TC crash).
  • Added more info about the phone.
  • Ability to copy selected phone info values to clipboard.
  • Corrected minor errors.
By the way, as I've read on the site, this version was released on 04-Aug-2007 and 4 months later (1-Dec-2007) this project was closed and the author can provide the sources for moderate price...
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: VSOFS v.1.7.5.578 release

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 15-07-2008 13:40:08 +0000 white wrote:

d> List of changes: no idea (I don't speak that language).

That's Russian, dude %)

1.7.5.578 (it looks like that could be the final version, hi Valentino)
Fixed - other processes locked files copy to phone error (results in TC crash);
Added - more phone information available now, you can copy values of your interest to clipboard at the same dialog;
Fixed - minor bugs.

Waiting for your reports.[/face]
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Wow, Black Dog, hi! I thought that you gave birth to a bunch of children, became fat and old and moved to Ontario lake's banks to spend your last days fishing... :) (although in our days nothing prevents you from visiting TC forum from there, so I may still be right :) )

If you wait for reports then the project is not dead?
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 16-07-2008 17:11:45 +0000 Valentino wrote:

V> Wow, Black Dog, hi!
[^Y]

Hi yourself - ne dozhdeshsia, old vulture %)

V> If you wait for reports then the project is not dead?

Well, author told me yesterday he can produce some support even now, so do I - just have renewed drivers download links at the first post %)

Anyway, what is your interest here - do you still have good old Siemens telo?[/face]
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Black Dog wrote:Anyway, what is your interest here - do you still have good old Siemens telo?
Yeah, BenQ-Siemens S68. It's not supported by the plugin but I decided to try it, just for curiosity. I do not have data cable so I used BlueSoleil to connect my BlueTooth USB adapter to COM port. I managed to make it kinda work but it's practically unusable. The list of my phone files is not displayed at first. After pressing Refresh several times it appears. Then after pressing Refresh again it may disappear. Thus it may appears and disappear after each one or two actions (refresh, go in and out of folder). When I try to copy file from phone to PC, sometimes it copies correct file, sometimes another file from current directory, sometimes smth completely different (looks like description of the selected file), sometimes copies nothing. And finally it caused Access Violation in TC :)

P.S. It's pure accident that I looked into this thread. Due to lack of time I rarely visit this forum. So are you, as I can see :-)
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Valentino
s68 - best phone I've ever had and worked with* ;)

I recommend you to try this plugin:
http://en.totalcmd.pl/download/wfx/ext/MPM

It requires MPM to be installed but I have never had any problem with it (until my phone stopped working month ago due to battery issue).

*) Being B-S employee for some time...
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

2fenix_productions
Thanks! I'll give it a try in the evening.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 17-07-2008 10:00:27 +0000 Valentino wrote:

V> Yeah, BenQ-Siemens S68.

WOW! Well, Polaris is one of the last True Aryans, produced by BenQ-Siemens, RIP %).

BTW, there is BenQ-Siemens S68 Ceramic Limited Edition: "The front of the body is made up of steel and the back is made up of ceramic. This ceramic is the same as those used in automobile brakes ... BenQ Siemens believe it’ll help resist scratches, while the screen is also coated with a mystery chemical that should prevent scratching as well" - want it!!! %)

V> It's not supported by the plugin but I decided to try it, just for curiosity.

It IS supported by VSOFS like any other x85 NewSGold!

V> I do not have data cable

Are you in Kiev now?

V> I used BlueSoleil to connect my BlueTooth USB adapter to COM port.
V> I managed to make it kinda work but it's practically unusable.

What can I say... I do not use BlueSoleil for this purpose, just system BT interface and it works for me rather good - I managed to work e.g. E71 with VSOFS via "virtual" BT COM port for flexmem backups etc. It pretty much depends on BT adapter you use, I guess. But data cable is much more reliable (you need DCA-140 for your S68, BTW).

V> P.S. It's pure accident that I looked into this thread.

Nice surprise, anyway ;)

P.S. 2fenix_productions: Sorry dude, but MPM itself is monsteric size bunch of bullshit %\. Existing third person developed software for all Siemens\Benq-Siemens products (like SiMoCo, VSOFS, BMC) is much more useful and stable.

P.P.S. 2Valentino Yeah, damn Millennia %) I've sent you my UIN, hope you use ICQ %)[/face]
Last edited by Black Dog on 2008-07-17, 12:14 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

[face=courier]V> It's not supported by the plugin but I decided to try it, just for curiosity.
BD> It IS supported by VSOFS like any other x85 NewSGold!
V> Well, I have to believe you because I don't know what is this "x85 NewSGold" as well as other digits in thread topic :). I thought that x85 is phone model, like my s68 :).

V> I do not have data cable
BD> Are you in Kiev now?
V> Yes.

V> I used BlueSoleil to connect my BlueTooth USB adapter to COM port. I managed to make it kinda work but it's practically unusable.
BD> What can I say... I do not use BlueSoleil for tis purpouse, just system BT interface and it works for me rather good - I managed to work e.g. E71 with VSOFS via "virtual" BT COM port for flexmem backups etc. It pretty much depends on BT adapter you use, I guess. But data cable is much more reliable (you need DCA-140 for your S68, BTW).
V> I'm not one of those guys who makes PC/phone sync often to buy cable. Bluetooth adapter is OK for my modest needs. And I need to try system BT interface as well.

V> BTW, you may celebrate anniversary with your next post.[/face]
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2Black Dog
I know it is bullshit but it worked all the times I had need for and that was all I've wanted to. Other plugins: sometimes worked, sometimes - don't (different PCs or the same one but different hours). I've never had time in work to check what's wrong.

Currently I am using SXG75 and it works like a charm. EOT
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 17-07-2008 15:05:20 +0000 fenix_productions wrote:

f> I know it is bullshit but it worked all the times I had need for
f> and that was all I've wanted to.

Well, I have another MPM usage experience with SGold phones. And back to topic, talking about VSOFS v.1.7.4/5 - any seriouse difficulties for last year almost every day usage with several SGold/NewSGold phones on several PCs. One of the best Commander plugins, built on a huge basis of international Siemens community pooled experiences - I hope you know such names as Chaos and Papuas %)

f> Currently I am using SXG75

So do I, SVN26, one of my most used phones along with M65. BTW, concerning your B-S employment for some time - do you have any relation to SXG75 (or any other BREW-based Siemens\Benq-Siemens phones) software development?

As for me, I don't even know are there any original communication software for SXG75 and how does it looks like if any, thx BEZY %)[/face]
Last edited by Black Dog on 2008-07-20, 06:36 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2Black Dog
I've worked there as UI Designer for most of the time and C++ developer for 2-3 months (general bug-fixing for APOXI platform).
I am sorry but I don't really know how much information can I share with you BUT this is PM issue - not public one.

Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 17-07-2008 19:06:54 +0000 fenix_productions wrote:

f> until my phone stopped working month ago due to battery issue

What's wrong with it?

f> I've worked there as UI Designer for most of the time and C++ developer for 2-3 months
f> (general bug-fixing for APOXI platform).

In other words, are you one of the guys we showld say "thanks" for all that countless bugs in SXG75 software or not?! %)

f> I am sorry but I don't really know how much information can I share with you BUT this is
f> PM issue - not public one.

OK, got you - just have sent you authorization request (PM disabled at this forum)...

2Valentino: Hey man, your DCA-140 waiting for you ;)[/face]
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]On 17-07-2008 19:06:54 +0000 fenix_productions wrote:

f> until my phone stopped working month ago due to battery issue

What's wrong with it?[/face]
Don't know. When I try to switch it on it just says "Ping" and switch off back.
Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]In other words, are you one of the guys we showld say "thanks" for all that countless bugs in SXG75 software or not?! %)[/face]
No. It was like that when I came there.

Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

v.1.7.6.588

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]22.05.2009 - v.1.7.6.588

Added - compatibility with Total Commander 7.5 beta

Waiting for your reports.[/face]