Would you like to see macros for Total Commander?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Would you like to see macros for Total Commander?

Yes I would like to see macros as part of the core of TC.
58%
I would like macros but I prefer a plug-in approach.
17%
I need macros and I don’t really care about the method of implementation. Any will do!
17%
My external macro application does the job for me although with an added cost!
1%
I’m using a freeware macro tool that integrates fine with TC.
2%
I’m satisfied with my external macro tool but the integration with TC isn’t ideal!
1%
I find macros useless.
6%

Total votes: 200

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Heh! The first step is done!!! :D

Check this out: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2499

Thanx Aezay! ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
XelaRellum

Macros? Python scriptable!

Post by *XelaRellum »

I would really like macros, but I hope there wont be YASL (yet another scripting language). So why not use Python? I believe people would love this!

Xela
Francesco

Re: Macros? Python scriptable!

Post by *Francesco »

XelaRellum wrote:I would really like macros, but I hope there wont be YASL (yet another scripting language). So why not use Python? I believe people would love this!

Xela
YES! Python would be cool!
It should be the first choice.
Francesco
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I think exporting all functions to a COM model would be sufficient. This way all scripting languages could call TC functions, if they support COM or at least DLL late binding.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
MPS

Post by *MPS »

batch files still work for me :]
Juglator

Post by *Juglator »

I'd really like to see macros, and I think it's a feature suitable for the TC core. That might help for a cleaner, more flexible design.

A design I'd like to see is to keep pretty much the entire UI intact with the Preferences dialog, *but* with a new feature under the "Misc." options where you define hotkeys. Instead of just adding one command like those built-in cm_* commands, let a user call a custom function. It could use the very same text field.

Next, have a button there for a function/script designer (or it could just open something like Notepad, hehe), and what you add into that Command text field could now be not just the cm_* commands, but also the same as a function that's called in a script.

As for which language -- oh I don't really care much... I'd like to be able to call cm_* commands from within the script though, and have functions with parameters, to for example set pane widths from a script.

That was actually what brought me here -- I'd like one key in TC to expand the thumbnail view to give it a bit extra room at the cost of the other panel, and restore it again once I return to the regular list view. :) That's an example of a macro that would ideally only need two lines -- one to call a function to set pane widths, and another to switch view mode in the focused list.
dott

Post by *dott »

How So?