Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.
Moderators: sheep, Hacker, Stefan2, white
- Junior Member
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 2006-04-12, 07:20 UTC
Scenario: In log file analysis process I often need concatenating several log files (e.g. from several days) to one file. MS-DOS: copy file1 + file2 + file3 + fileN targetFile
In TCMD, three possible approaches fail:
(1) "Combine Files" requires exact filenames
(2) copying files to one file throws "You cannot move or copy more than one file to a single file!"
(3) copying files to existing file name is missing "Append" option at Overwrite options
I think TCMD could enable at least one way to concatenate files.
- Posts: 5731
- Joined: 2003-12-02, 19:01 UTC
- Location: Bordeaux, France
Message from moderator
Polls are only allowed in the special forum section, thread moved to Total Commander Polls (English)