Do you want a Spanish forum?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Do you want a Spanish forum?

Yes, I want it and I will use it!
15%
No, please not another language forum!
47%
I don't care.
38%

Total votes: 89

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

As you can see, we now have a Dutch user to user support forum, with two moderators. Thanks very much to them for their help!

If anyone wants to be moderator of a Spanish forum, then please let me know here! However, we will need at least two moderators, so when one resigns, we will have another one and wouldn't need to close the Spanish forum.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I do.
Habemus majkam!
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

majkinetor ! wrote:I do.
Huh! Do you also speak spanish? Wow, I didn't know that.
ghisler(Author) wrote:If anyone wants to be moderator of a Spanish forum, then please let me know here! However, we will need at least two moderators, so when one resigns, we will have another one and wouldn't need to close the Spanish forum.
I would do, but I don't think I have enough time for the task...
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

No I don't speak Spanish.

You will translate me what they say, and I will tell you what to write to them in response. U can think about this as code-behind technique.
Habemus majkam!
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

majkinetor ! wrote:You will translate me what they say, and I will tell you what to write to them in response. U can think about this as code-behind technique.
:lol: It would be nice to have a TC expert like you to help me in this kind of tasks. :lol:
Clo

Rummage in old thingies---

Post by *Clo »

2majkinetor !

:) Hello !

• Glad to see that old logical ideas can tickle others too… :wink:
- Indeed, the new "Users to users" forum is not exactly the same as its realization, but then it is in the principle…
• The coconuts need a long time to grow ripe…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2006-04-13, 13:59 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

I would do it also. But... I'm not a registered user (Is it a problem Mr. Ghisler?)
I used normally Krusader (Linux) and freecommander(win), but now I need a good file manager under windows.
I'M testing deeply Total commander and Servant Salamander. I`m waiting for the next release (v7) of TC and can view the news features for to buy o not to buy :roll:
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

2majkinetor !
I was asking for a moderator for a Spanish forum, not for a forum for the trolls from Lord of the Rings! :lol:

2Sombra
This is no problem - as a moderator, you could receive a free licence if you aren't a registered user yet. But as I wrote, we would need at least two native Spanish speakers as moderators.
Unjoanqualsevol

Post by *Unjoanqualsevol »

ghisler(Author) wrote: This is no problem - as a moderator, you could receive a free licence if you aren't a registered user yet. But as I wrote, we would need at least two native Spanish speakers as moderators.
Well, I speak Catalan and Spanish and I love TC, so I can be your man. By the way, I'm also an unregistered user, like Sombra.

P.S.: I ussually work on win9x, win2k and winxp systems.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

2Sombra
2Unjoanqualsevol

Thanks for your offer to help! I will create a Spanish forum then. How should I call it? Spanish (Castellano)? Or should I allow also other dialects, e.g. Spanish (Castellano, Catalan, etc.)? What do you think?
Unjoanqualsevol

Post by *Unjoanqualsevol »

ghisler(Author) wrote: Thanks for your offer to help! I will create a Spanish forum then.
Great!!!
ghisler(Author) wrote: How should I call it? Spanish (Castellano)? Or should I allow also other dialects, e.g. Spanish (Castellano, Catalan, etc.)? What do you think?
Well, I think "Spanish (Castellano)" or "Spanish (Español)" are correct. Catalan and Spanish are vey similar but diferent languages. Almost any Catalan speaker can speak and write Spanish, but Spanish speakers (usually) can't understand/read/write Catalan and I don't know if Sombra can understand/moderate Catalan posts.
Currently, I can't moderate Galician or Basque (other languages spoken in Spain) posts. So I think a Spanish forum (only for Spanish language) is the correct way.

I hope Sombra will be agree with me.

BTW, I'm Catalan (my mother tonge) so, if someday It exists a Catalan forum or It's allowed to post also in Catalan in the Spanish forum, I could be also Catalan Moderator :-)
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

I feel not to have been able to answer before. Today I have come back of my holidays.
Well, I think "Spanish (Castellano)" or "Spanish (Español)" are correct
Yes I am agree with Unjoanqualsevol, perhaps for (global users) latin users from south america and spanish people could be better option "Spanish (Español)"
Almost any Catalan speaker can speak and write Spanish, but Spanish speakers (usually) can't understand/read/write Catalan and I don't know if Sombra can understand/moderate Catalan posts.
I'm from Teruel&Zaragoza, I can't speak catalan. :?

As suggestion (Mr. Ghisler):
Perhaps in order to promote the use of the new forums, it could be good idea to put the links to the new forums in the main page of total commander, under the existing ones.
For more details about the moderation of the forums you could contact by email. You can use the same email that I use like registered in the forum.

2Unjoanqualsevol: If you want, we can contact us with IM.
Si lo deseas, podemos ponernos en contacto a través de mensjaeria instantanea. Un saludo.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
I' just asking out of curiosity: Will you also install localized (Spanish/Czech and Dutch) forum interfaces?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, this is planned, but I cannot yet say when. The problem is not the language strings, but all the buttons for 3 different forum themes. Because of the beta test, I don't currently have the time to design them.
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

The problem is not the language strings, but all the buttons for 3 different forum themes. Because of the beta test, I don't currently have the time to design them.
Mr. Ghisler, if you talks about the subSilver's buttons, it can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php#lang

Could add the translation of the description of spanish forun?
  • Spanish (Castellano)
    Moderated forum for Spanish users - Foro moderado por usuarios de habla española