Coping to Multiple Destinations

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Would you like to have the ability to copy files to multiple destinations with TC?

Yes, that would be great!
81%
No, no, no! Too risky!
8%
Stop nagging me with pointless questions!
11%

Total votes: 36

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Coping to Multiple Destinations

Post by *pdavit »

Since the introduction of tabs with TC v6.0 there is the prospect of being able to copy a file or group of files to multiple destinations. A very useful feature that can be handy let's say for network administrators, for example, for coping a link to multiple workstations.

Here is a scenario on working behaviour: On the left filelist you browse the files that need to be copied. You have previously saved on a file some folder tabs that correspond to specific locations of terminals in your LAN. On the right-hand filelist you load that tabs' arrangement and then with the suggested feature you can copy your selection from the left filelist to all visible tabs on the right-hand side of TC.

BTW, Christian has promised to look into the suggested feature. The working behaviour (if ever implemented) may be deferent but, hey, we all trust Christian, don't we? ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

It would also be nice if it was possible to copy files and also recreate the directory structure on the target. For instance

c:\my docs\test plans\current
foo.doc
bar.doc
foobar.doc

If I selected the above files and copied them to d:\temp, I would like to be able to have TC create the path d:\temp\my docs\test plans\current and place the files in that dir.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Yes, that would also be nice. Maybe with a tick box on the multi-dest-copy dialog box! ;)

By the way, although not entirely the same thing, do you know this? : http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/treecopy.html
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

pdavit wrote:By the way, although not entirely the same thing, do you know this? : http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/treecopy.html
Yes, it's a great tool made by Valentino.
I often after using Ctrl+B, select some files and then copy them with the whole structure using TreeCopy or just use it while feed to listbox after searching. It's really useful tool.

I've noticed that because it's a packer plugin many of my friends didn't use it cause they thought it packs the files instead of copying. :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
SUKER

Post by *SUKER »

2robinsiebler
2pdavit
2djk
TreeCopy is good, but it's a packer plugin :( Also there BIG weak point in this plugin:
It's work only from Directory branch and search result :( I want copy FULL tree directly from filepanel!!! Also option "number of levels up you want to copy" will be grateful.
May be open a new poll? ;)