Would you like to replace drive-list-combobox with ...

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Would you like to replace drive-list-combobox with dropdown menu

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 124

Shiva

Would you like to replace drive-list-combobox with ...

Post by *Shiva »

Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Where is "I don't care" option?
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

it's right between the yes and no option, but very hard to see.
i hope, i did'nt missed it (i clicked there several times... well, just to be sure) :lol:
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

OK, I'll bring a microscope tomorrow and if you fooled me... :D
(john)

Post by *(john) »

I'm a newbie to TC but have been heavily using it since I downloaded it a couple days ago..

First off, I can't answer honestly without knowing:

- would it effect [DriveHints] in the ini file..

Aside from that, I'm not well enough versed with all the shortcut/keyboard commands and would want to know if any aspects would be altered or removed.

However, it would be nice to also be able to click on the 'drivehints' to change the drive...
Kowalski

Post by *Kowalski »

i think its ok both ways, i use the CTRL+F1/F2 combination all the time so it doesnt matter for me eighter ways
conclusion: if it's not necessery to change, its necessery not to change
A totally Total Commander addict since 1998
oblomov

Post by *oblomov »

I voted "I don't care" too. Anything as long as I can do Alt+F2, <letter> to change.
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

The andantage would be, taht you could access the context-menu of each drive (by right-klicking) without select it. At the moment this is only possiple with the currend drive or over the aditional drive-button bar.
This would be a nice feature because you can save GUI-space but this is nearly at the end of my wishlist.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

the aditional drive-button bar.
It doesn't have to be "additional", you can turn off the combobox and use only the bar instead.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

I know, but the Drive-Button-Bar doen't show me how large the drive is and how much space still available is.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hmm, it does for me... might be related to how many drives you have.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

I can't say i like very much the combobox with the additional window that appears at its right. I would like to be able to click on the right-box with the descriptions and select a drive so changing the whole drive-combo-listbox thing with a menu may look better. I'd also support the rightclick-on-a-drive idea. Perhaps if Christian is considering it, he would like to release an intermediate TCMD v6.00001 with a menu instead of the combo box (if not too much trouble), just to see how it feels. I just don't know what trouble/restrictions the drive menu might mean for the 16-bit version.

P.S.: So far there are many NOs in the poll. I believe it's safe to assume some of them are "i dont care"'s. An "I dont care" option is essential when you make a yes/no poll. I had made the same mistake in an older poll i created. :)
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Clo

Box is better, though...

Post by *Clo »

Hacker wrote:Hmm, it does for me... might be related to how many drives you have.

Roman
:) Hi!
Yes Roman, you're right! Though I don't use generally the drive-list (I've not a huge number of drives, so I set rather drive-buttons), I prefer the combobox, more fixe on the interface than a "fugitive" menu!
Most certainly, the box reduces the space for string-writings, it's its main inconvenience... But finally, I voted for the box... since the "I don't care" option is missing!
Friendly,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
raytc

Re: Would you like to replace drive-list-combobox with ...

Post by *raytc »

Servant has both possibilities.
Mercade

Post by *Mercade »

Valentino wrote:Where is "I don't care" option?
Agreed.