TC's Betas

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Should TC's betas be public?

yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 93

Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

CoMiKe wrote: and I haven't answered neither yes nor no? :?: :)
You should have used a magnifier and click right between yes and no . :lol: :P :D ;)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2Sheepdog
OK, I'll bring a microscope tomorrow and if you fooled me... ;-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

No luck clicking between both :D

Anyway, this remembers me a Win9x trick in "Regional Settings", where you must click some places in the world map and a game arises...

Excuse the off-topic... :oops:
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

In common there are different testing phases:

alpha: the functionality is already designed, a roughly working version is available. You want to have early feedback from a handful people on your personal opinion concerning the design or just on some first "go - no go" results.

beta: the functionality is well designed, an almost stable version with maybe some well known, minor glitches is available. You want to have feedback from dedicated people with different skills and platforms on useability and stability. Minor design changes and enhancements are possible.

public beta: the design is now fixed, no known bugs are remaining, even the stability on all feasible combinations of platforms should be tested before a general release.

Some authors skip the public beta and have to ship one or more corrected versions shortly after the general release.

The numbers of builds are the same, at least the naming differs and this is the main point !

Calling your stable version a "public beta" tells everybody, still not to use it in a serious environment without certain caution. The global test has still to be verified !

A "public beta" prior to a general release let you trust in the "general release" status due to successfull global testing.

Just note : even a "public beta" has to be stable to the best of your knowledge ...
#5767 Personal license
nevidimka

Post by *nevidimka »

Therefore BUG report: a menu bug of tc 6.5 beta12 betas shouldn't be public. :D :P
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. Benjamin Franklin
chriss

Post by *chriss »

nevidimka wrote:Therefore BUG report: a menu bug of tc 6.5 beta12 betas shouldn't be public. :D :P
well, that´s no bug, it´s a feature

but (almost) no one knows it :shock:
gruß

chriss