Switch Search shortcut (Alt+F7) and Search in Separate Process (Alt+Shift+F7)

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Make the "Search in separate Process" a default search option

Poll ended at 2020-05-28, 14:42 UTC

Use "Alt+F7" for "Search in separate Process" and rename it to "Search..." (rename "Search..." to e.g. "Search in same Process" and change shortcut to Alt+Shift+F7)
50%
Keep the "Search..." and "Search in separate Process" names, but switch the keyboard shortcuts (Alt+F7 and Alt+Shift+F7)
No votes
Keep the "Search..." and "Search in separate Process" shortcuts (Alt+F7 and Alt+Shift+F7), but change the names to indicate the "Search in separate Process" is the new plain "Search..."
No votes
Keep everything as is.
50%

Total votes: 10

pisoir

Switch Search shortcut (Alt+F7) and Search in Separate Process (Alt+Shift+F7)

Post by *pisoir »

Since the first version of Total Commander, the keyboard shortcut for Search files has been Alt+F7. This process runs in foreground and blocks the Total commander viewer. Since some version (8.50?) there is possibility to run the Search files in a separate process (Alt+Shift+F7), which doesn't block the Total commander viewer.
I always had the shortcuts switched, but I think it is time when Total Commander makes the switch by default to everybody. In general I believe that the "Search in separate Process" should be the preferred search for most of the users.