How deep the UNDO goes?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

How would you like your UNDO command to behave?

undo once - no undelete
4%
undo once - everything
15%
multiple undo
22%
select specific undo - pulldown
48%
TC own undo recycler
11%

Total votes: 27

Thorz

Post by *Thorz »

I didn't take it as a joke (nor did several others), and my answers were serious. If your intention was just to ridiculize the petition for an UNDO command I don't see where the funny part of that is.

I really don't undeerstand why there are so many smart 45535 that are against an undo implementation, it is simple people: YOU DON'T LIKE IT? DON'T F****NG USE IT if one day it is implemmented, but PLEASE stop torpedoing the idea. There are many of us here that think that this could be an useful feature, if it was not useful then other file managers will not have offered it already to their customers.

I think that TC is a great program but there is always room for improvement. Undo was the thing that keeped me thinking more before paying the cash for TC because other file managers already offer this as a standard feature as you can see in the Directory Opus example for copy, move, rename, etc. We all have paid for Total Commander, this means that we all have the right to ask for features like this one if we think it can make our lifes easier, that Christian Ghisler desides to implemment this one day or not is a totally different thing.

I am sorry, I got upset after seeing the real intentions of this thread.
krojc

Post by *krojc »

Hey, hey, hey, dont't take it personally. The joke were meant to be the presented options and not the major idea.

The undo functionality is one of those, that I believe fits in neverending story. There is never enough of undo, if the thing gets in, which these poll options confirmed. I had trouble finding so many undo options in the first place. I use krusader under linux, which has so called virtual folder for file operations. I can do anything to files until I decide to "save" the changes. Nice idea I admit it and it can be undone, but considering available undo options in the poll, I believe that it would not take a week when someone will, since he paid for TC, want a 1.000.000 undos, since his younger brother is messing around the box.

I already said once that such undo is probably only possible if TC introduced scripts, which could be reversed...

And for the end. I'm waiting for someone to suggest a wipe-file for TC and then the undo of it.

hey, in the end the feature will be in like all of them, don't you think?
Thorz

Post by *Thorz »

krojc wrote:Hey, hey, hey, dont't take it personally. The joke were meant to be the presented options and not the major idea.
Don't worry m8, no hard feelings, I was a little stressed when I posted my last reply.
krojc wrote: The undo functionality is one of those, that I believe fits in neverending story. There is never enough of undo, if the thing gets in, which these poll options confirmed. I had trouble finding so many undo options in the first place. I use krusader under linux, which has so called virtual folder for file operations. I can do anything to files until I decide to "save" the changes. Nice idea I admit it and it can be undone, but considering available undo options in the poll, I believe that it would not take a week when someone will, since he paid for TC, want a 1.000.000 undos, since his younger brother is messing around the box.

I already said once that such undo is probably only possible if TC introduced scripts, which could be reversed...

And for the end. I'm waiting for someone to suggest a wipe-file for TC and then the undo of it.

hey, in the end the feature will be in like all of them, don't you think?
As I have already said before, I think that a limited undo will do the trick for most of the users. You cannot undo everything in other file managers either, undoing a wipe is not expected, personally I am just asking for undo of local operations like copy / move / rename of files and directories, that would be enough for many users as these are the standard undo options offered in TC competition programs. All the other operations shoudl have undo disabled, like FTP operations, archiving operations or deletion ones. There is already protection againts deletion available in Windows or as separate products, I have not found a program that permits me to undo copy / move operations at a general Windows level. If anybody have an idea about one I would appreciate a post about it. Thanks.