Feature request: Overwrite/Skip/Append preselect

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

How Inportant whould a feature like this be for you?

Essentially Important
29%
Very Important
6%
Important
29%
Don't care
29%
Unimportant
No votes
Very Unimportant
6%

Total votes: 17

Qudus

Feature request: Overwrite/Skip/Append preselect

Post by *Qudus »

There is one thing I've ever wanted a filemanager to have. If I copy/move an extra large amount of files so that I decide to do some other stuff and not to watch the files to be copied, in most cases I dont't want thist progress to be interupted by questions like "Do you wish the corrupted file to be skipped/retried/etc.?" or something like this.

When the progress starts there could be a set of checkboxes/comboboxes you could check or leave unchecked to prenotify the filemanager to answer these questions by default in a way.

If I didn't preselect a specific answer there could/should still pop up a box to request these information. So I the time needed to copy/move the selected files is quite short, there will still be these boxes. And I think, that's what anybody wants.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

How would you want to extend the "Options" button in the Copy / Move dialog?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Qudus

Post by *Qudus »

Hacker wrote:How would you want to extend the "Options" button in the Copy / Move dialog?
Wow. Didn't know this menu. There's almost everything needed. Even if not very well designed. A set of checkboxes/comboboxes would be nicer. But the functionality is almost there. Except for the skipping of unreadable source files.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

You'll find a similar request here: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1044

Unfortunately it didn't attract much attention! :(
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
MPS

Post by *MPS »

yeah, the options are nice, but i would also prefer checkboxes. and the corrupted/unreadable files skip