Make lister stay in top

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Would you like to have this option?

Yes!
62%
No!
38%

Total votes: 58

kobbe

Make lister stay in top

Post by *kobbe »

I would like a simple option to make lister stay on top.

I've searched for a small great textviewer with this option but couldn't find any. It would be great to have it some times :)

*peace*
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

The newest version of Win32Pad (v1.3) has this option.

Win32pad is a free small notepad replacement (only 43 Kb !)
http://www.gena01.com/win32pad/
Win32Pad - Features
Key Features:
- Filesize is limited to the available memory. (not 64k)
- Recent Files list. (will handle up to 5 entries)
- 32k executable size. (C & win32 api)
- Auto-indent & Tab Size ( 2 .. 8 ) support.
- Standard toolbar and statusbar. (You can show/hide each)
- Supports WIN (default) and UNIX file formats (read/write).
- Line Numbers.
- File change notification.

Other:
- Find/Replace
- Goto Line # (Under Search Menu)
- Revert feature. (Re-read the file from disk)
- Full Intellimouse support.(Tested on Win95/98/NT4.0/2000)
- Shows current location, # of lines and editing mode (Insert/Overwrite).
- Open files by Dropping them from Windows Explorer.
- Minimize Win32Pad to the System Tray.
- Insert Time/Date F5, Another File.
- File Properties.
- And many more...
...BRB...
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

My favorite editor so far is SciTE, though I spent several hours to fully tune it to my taste :). It also has "Always On Top" feature.
(john)

Post by *(john) »

This would be useful at times, however I would not want it implemented in such a way that the option to turn it on ot off would entail toggle of a switch buried in the options or ini file (only).

If implemented like the thumb-tac widgets (EG: OL2K, etc) that would be nice.

Bottom line, sometimes I would want it and sometime I would definantly NOT want the lister stuck on top - and wouldn't want to have to jack around more than 1ms to toggle it on or off.
Clo

Not added...

Post by *Clo »

Kobbe
I would like a simple option to make lister stay on top
:? Some months later... I voted in favour of adding that, but the current version of TC today (6.01) has not it yet...
:roll: I suppose, that poses some problems, for instance when you'ld have several Lister windows open "On top"... :?:
¤ Moreover, the command issue has not been mentionned. Some users will wish a keyboard shortcut, like x+F3 (x=unknown).
Maybe Ch. Ghisler should examine this request again, if it's possible to add, of course?
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Not added...

Post by *white »

Clo wrote: :roll: I suppose, that poses some problems, for instance when you'ld have several Lister windows open "On top"... :?:
No problem there. They will be all "On top" except in relation to each other.
If your not in a hurry you can make a lister window "on top" by using the Proc plugin by Alexey Babenko. Install the plugin, enter the plugin in Network Neighborhood (task manager), double click TOTALCMD.EXE, select the Lister window of your choice and select the option "Top Most".
Clo

Re: Not added...

Post by *Clo »

white wrote:
Clo wrote: :roll: I suppose, that poses some problems, for instance when you'ld have several Lister windows open "On top"... :?:
No problem there. They will be all "On top" except in relation to each other.
If your not in a hurry you can make a lister window "on top" by using the Proc plugin by Alexey Babenko. Install the plugin, enter the plugin in Network Neighborhood (task manager), double click TOTALCMD.EXE, select the Lister window of your choice and select the option "Top Most".
:D Hello!
:| Huum... A bit complex, since I don't need this feature a lot... I think that an original option in Lister might be more handy and useful :?:
(Though I'm not very hurry, I'm retired... but I prefer the "coolest" using of TC as possible)
Thank you for the trick, that'ld be useful for others who need "stay on top" a lot.
:) Friendly regards,
Claude,
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Start http://tummy.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu/ and you have 'always on top' option available for all windows on right click in taskbar (or left click on icon in title bar of course). Besides that it has transparency, minimize to tray and priority setting.

Icfu
Clo

Good!

Post by *Clo »

icfu wrote:Start http://tummy.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu/ and you have 'always on top' option available for all windows on right click in taskbar (or left click on icon in title bar of course). Besides that it has transparency, minimize to tray and priority setting.
Icfu
:D Hello!
Thank you for the trick, it works properly!
¤ The menu of the title-bar icon becomes useful again: I no longer used it ... since W 3.1-time, a while ago...
¤ Under Win 98SE, the transparency feature is not supported in any case, so it doesn't appear, normal...
:roll: I'll try too under XP-Pro a bit later...
:) Best regards,
Clo