Beta 2.5 version

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gerry Busch

Beta 2.5 version

Post by *Gerry Busch »

Since I've been without a Pocket PC for a few years now, I'm quite out of touch with Total Commander Pocket's development. I know the beta versions of some applications have time limits beyond which they cannot be used. Is this the case with TCMD Pocket Beta 2.5, or can it be used indefinitely?

Gerry
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

I've been using it since a few days after release, and no limits reached anywhere. There are a few (some a bit significant, like properties for non-ram files) errors still to be resolved. I think we'll see a full/bug-fixed version somewhere on the other side of TC7.0 final. I certainly hope Mr. Ghisler is still up to improving it; the bugs are kinda annoying, but the new features are simply indispensible. And check any WinCE based site - a million users can't be wrong. TC is the explorer Windows never had, especially true for pocked sized devices.

Note that CE TC is freeware - it's mr. Ghisler's spare time project. So all current versions are free, and with luck and according to the man himself, it will remain so permanently. Which ofcourse just rocks. :D
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
Gerry Busch

Re: Beta 2.5 version

Post by *Gerry Busch »

AlleyKat wrote:TC is the explorer Windows never had, especially true for pocked sized devices.

Note that CE TC is freeware - it's mr. Ghisler's spare time project. So all current versions are free, and with luck and according to the man himself, it will remain so permanently. Which ofcourse just rocks. :D
Yes, it's a great program! I started using TC several years ago (I think it was version 1.1) as my only file management tool on an HP Jornada. The device broke down out of warranty, however, and I never replaced it. I have a new Pocket PC on order at the moment, and have downloaded TC Pocket 2.0 and Beta 2.5 to prepare myself for the new arrival.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There is no time limit in the beta, don't worry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Re: Beta 2.5 version

Post by *Gerry Busch »

[quote="ghisler(Author)"]There is no time limit in the beta, don't worry.[/quote]
Thanks. That's nice to hear, although I'm likely to download 2.5 again anyway once it's out of beta.

Best regards
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

Well, I've now been using Beta 2.5 for the past 4 days, ever since the arrival of my new Dell Axim X51v. It was the very first 3rd-party software that I installed, and it is serving me very well indeed. I like it so much, in fact, that I haven't bothered to install my complimentary copy of Resco File Explorer.

No problems have been experienced so far. The new FTP and registry features (new to me, anyway) function quite smoothly.

One little detail, however: It would help immensely if TC Pocket had the option of hiding hidden files -- not just files in ROM. There should also be a warning message when deletion of a read-only file is attempted.
Random

Post by *Random »

For Smartphone (MPX200 wm5)
1. No usability. I want to see "settings.xml" for editing menu
2. Bug with editing multistring registry entries(I see hex value)

Thanks
jarek

Post by *jarek »

Hi, I try install the public 2.5 beta on my ipaq 6915 mda
-with WM5.0 phone edition operating system and not work,wrote this

tcmdpocket25_armpubbeta2 is not a valid pocket application

and my question -where is a problem?
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, Jarek.

Please follow the instruction on how to install TC for PocketPC :arrow: here.

Karl
jarek

Post by *jarek »

Thanks Karl