Menu item "Only Selected Files" is never marked

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Slavic

Menu item "Only Selected Files" is never marked

Post by *Slavic »

This mode is very handy for comparing two directories (also with "Mark newer, hide same") and in some other cases, if we wish to move the selected files to other place, etc. However, the item "Only selected files" is never marked as active, and user could be occasionally confused seeing an "empty" directory that really contains a lot of files. User has to guess to use the "Re-read source" command.

In my opinion, the item "Only selected files" should be marked as active when it was selected and until reset. Currently this item is grouped in menu with filters, but it works independently of them. So, it could be placed in the separate group (plus one divider after filters).
Clo

Bistable is better

Post by *Clo »

2Slavic

:) Hello !

• Confirmed, and I agree, this is annoying and confusing !

• I tried this command 2023 from a button, and even the button doesn't behave as bistable,
neither for its action, nor for its display.
I guess it should for both !

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Clo
You know the answer to why the entry is not marked (it's not a toggle, it's a command).

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Slavic

Post by *Slavic »

Hacker, you are right, currently it's a command, because it can't be turned back in the same way. But from user's point of view it looks quite similar to toggle. From "file list's point" it's a filter, and file list "knows" it's current state, but it doesn't tell user about it in any way.

If "it's not a bug, but a feature by design", you can count this topic as a suggestion for other subforum :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed it's a command which can be applied multiple times. If I changed it to a checked option, a click on it while it is checked would have to turn it off. This would lose a lot of the functionality.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to TC 7 beta discussion forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.