[Wish] View - Custom file order

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Achiles

[Wish] View - Custom file order

Post by *Achiles »

Hi,

Maybe this is already possible in TC, but I just can't find it (nor a plugin that would do it), and it would be quite time-saving in certain cases.

I'd like TC to allow a kind of "files unsorted" view, where one is able to drag the files into a custom order, basically arrange them in any order, then use the multi-rename tool to number them according to their option.

Many media-managers have this option to drag around the files inside a directory and change their order. They just lack the AMAZING Multi-Rename Tool. Congratulations for it.

So how about that? If this is already possible, please point me to the solution.

Thanks
Last edited by Achiles on 2007-02-08, 21:51 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Achiles
There is currently no way to reorder the filelist manually. If you just need this for renaming you can simply select the files to rename, open the multi rename tool and drag&drop the files to your needs.
Achiles

That's it

Post by *Achiles »

It has never crossed my mind, that I could drag around in the Multi-rename tool. Thanks! It takes care of my need completely. It's great to have tools and fine people that just won't stop surprising you.