Treeview shows only standard tree

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Treeview shows only standard tree

Post by *Samuel »

When I activate the Treeview, there is only a collapsed list.
Is it possible, to expand the list so that the current directory is shown direct after activating the Treeview? This works fine, if I change to another tab, or change the directory.

I would request, that the current directory is always shown in the treeview.

PS: Still very impressed by the number of features in this new version!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This isn't currently done because it would significantly slow down the initial start of the program. In many cases, the user doesn't even want to go to that initial directory and goes somewhere else with Ctrl+D, so it would be useless to expand the tree...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

I thought there would be some performance reason for this. So make it perhaps adjustable? I don't mentioned this at the program startup, but when i switched Treeview on and off. Its a little bit confusing, that the current directory is not shown in it, after activating Treeview.
La Laucha

Post by *La Laucha »

Support +
I really understand the performance reason but it should be configurable.
The first time I open the treeview it´s not really necessary but after all the treeview is a way of navigating and having an overview of the current position.
For this it would contribute by expanding the next X (as defined) folders below the current folder.
Maybe this is a little different to the question of Samuel and should be a seperate thread ?!
Andreas
licence #: 101358

Post by *bobya »

If I may add some things that annoy me.
1. When I have been opening several direktories in a tab the tree for that tab expands every one of them(which is the expected behaviour) but when i change to another branch the old one stays expanded. In one certain point the tree is soo long that it gets really difficult to navigate through it.(I just noticed that there is the same problem in Windows explorer)It will be nice if there is an option that gives you the opportunity to select whether the previous branches should stay expanded or not.
2. When I collapse a long tree item that goes out of the visible area my cursor goes to the top of the screen which is quite annoying. I would prefer it to stay on its original possition.

Thanks
When you are looking for the best of the best, turn to me!!!