[Wish] Thumbnails view list

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

[Wish] Thumbnails view list

Post by *fenix_productions »

I've been thinking about possibility to have different thumbnails views in TC. Right now there is only one view of this type possible.
It gives some discomfort if You want to change thumbs size, because whole database is rewritten.

My proposal is thumbnails views list with standalone options for each of them (e.g. thumbnails database file name). It could make work easier if soeme cm_xxx command would be attached to switching between this list entries.

P.S. 1. roentgen proposed on #TCMD Ctrl + mouse wheel functionality, but I think that could give problems with database files.
P.S. 2. Maybe it is the next step for my dream-like filemanager ;) No picture viewers and cataloging software needed anymore to run.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Support +++ of course :D
I myself am not using thumbnails database at all so implementing a method (command) to quickly resize thumbnails size would be a great and appreciated feature.
TC for Linux please!
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Would be nice.
This is done in UltraExplorer, for example (toolbar button "Quick Thumbs" and a slider to resize thumbs). Very useful...
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Yes, this is a great idea, available in other tools, not just image managers. For instance, DOpus has an optional toolbar slider control you can use to dynamically resize thumbs.

However, for me just two sizes would be needed: "Small" and "Large", with the ability to set the dimensions for each size and also to define labels separately for each size.

Then a cm_ToggleThumbSize command attached to the toolbar would do the trick.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
Clo

Yes, useful !

Post by *Clo »

2JohnFredC

:) Hello John !

I support a two-size feature as well !

• Indeed, the slider to adjust the thumb nails size at will is great…
- I've it in the IcoFx soft (Freeware !), a progamme written in Delphi…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

@Clo
Thanks for IcoFX. Best icon editor ever.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...