[-] Synchronization select folder (b4)

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AlleyKat

[-] Synchronization select folder (b4)

Post by *AlleyKat »

[EDIT] Not really a bug! [/EDIT]

Seems I have a little bug in the Sync window.

I compared a local 4 days old version of Remora (the Mozilla Addons site system) with one just downloaded.

The keyboard shortcuts to do things on whole folders doesn't seem to work - I can only rclick a folder line and select the function I want by mouse, they cannot be used by keyboard. Or at least, Ctrl-M doesn't work.

Image showing dialog

And a very minor graphical thing,when using mouse scrollwheel or mouse to move scrollbar by dragging, last empty line in the Sync window is shown as black. It isn't, however, if I use the arrows to move the scrollbar down, then it's redrawn as white.

The black bar

I know - only one bug per post, but last one is really minor and of no consequence. :)

And this belongs in feature requests I guess - are there any way to make it not see the .svn folders and subsequent files? (also for cvs actually)
Last edited by AlleyKat on 2007-03-07, 23:24 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2AlleyKat
I can not confirm either of those bugs - I even tried with Classic Windows theme for the blackbar bug.

The blackbar bug might be related to this: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=111650#111650

So try to disable smooth scrolling:

1. run sysdm.cpl from the command line.
2. click the Advanced tab.
3. click the Settings button in the Performance section.
4. remove the checkmark next to "Smoth-scroll list boxes" ("Brug jævn rulning til lister").

And see if that solves your problem - it sure makes Windows nicer to work with anyway.
are there any way to make it not see the .svn folders and subsequent files? (also for cvs actually)
"Configuration" -> "Ignore list" ->

add svn\ and cvs\ to the list.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

I can confirm that turning smooth scrolling off eliminates the black line 'problem'. No real issue anyway, as mentioned. I actually think I prefer the smooth scrolling, it isn't as hard on the eyes. But right you are.

Using keyboard, you can navigate to a folder name line and use the keyboard shortcuts? I can only make it work on individual files, and using ordinary Space for that is enough, so I can't imagine this being the idea with ctrl+m. Only by using mouse is the files under the heading highlighted and thus selectable in one go. Testing further, however, I found that using the keyboard Context key can bring up the menu. But, you cannot remove the menu again unless you select a menu item (same goes for selecting it with mouse). And even with the menu displayed, none of the keyboard shortcuts except F3/shift-F3 seems to work.

About the hiding files, ok thanks, that is one solution that will hide them everywhere in TC, right? I just want to exclude them in Sync. I'll just have to look into using batchfiles to (re)move them first instead I think. :)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2AlleyKat
Sorry - I didn't read you first posting carefully enough :oops: - you are right Ctrl+M etc. does not work on FOLDER lines :!:

I can however right click a folder line, which selects all the files in the folder - then I can press Escape to close the selection dialog, but the files stay selected, so NOW I can use Ctrl+M etc.

IMHO pressing Space or Insert on a folder line should select the files in that folder.

About the hiding files, ok thanks, that is one solution that will hide them everywhere in TC, right? I just want to exclude them in Sync.
If you are not otherwise using the ignore list, then you could make a button or an alias with the command cm_SwitchIgnoreList
to toggle the use of the ignore list on the fly before doing a sync.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

petermad wrote:IMHO pressing Space or Insert on a folder line should select the files in that folder.
Good suggestion, much much more intuitive than current whatshallwecallit.
petermad wrote:If you are not otherwise using the ignore list, then you could make a button or an alias with the command cm_SwitchIgnoreList
to toggle the use of the ignore list on the fly before doing a sync.
Good idea. roentgen on the chat channel had a nice suggestion too, using the sync filter:
rontgen @ irc://freenode.net/tcmd wrote:[20:25] roentgen: AlleyKat : in synchronyze window there's a small box somewhere up. Add *.*|svn\;cvs\ in there
Great solutions both of them I think, no need for extras, so my feature suggestion is hereby withdrawn. :)

But the first basic bug report still stands.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Ctrl+M etc does not work on the folder line because it doesn't select anything - the right click does that! So you either need to select the files yourself with shift+cursor keys, or use the context menu with Shift+F10. This behaviour is by design.

About the black bar: I didn't get that even with smooth scrolling turned on. :(
Maybe a problem with the display adapter?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

Hm, not really sure what I have changed, but using the context key works, so all is good. As long as I can select full folders by keyboard I'm a very happy camper.

About the black bar, could be related to the theme I guess? It actually seems I was using some other theme (Celestial), disabled as I'm using reduced theme support in windows. I can't repeat it with neither Standard nor Classic theme, so not a bug either.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Ah, thanks for the clarifications!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com