Thumbnails bug report

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Thumbnails bug report

Post by *roentgen »

I did all my tests with a directory containing 1000 .png files, each with 16x16 px dimensions.

1. Most annoying: although TC is supposed to preload thumbnails in search results too, this isn't happening if the view is ALREADY in thumbnail mode.
Preloading is fine if thumbnails are activated AFTER the search is executed.

2. With the list in thumbnail mode, I execute several searches (3, 4 searches usually) and then I press PageDown repeatedly and fast. For the first searches everything is fine (except that the thumbnails aren't preloaded), but at some point (a lister plugin must be crashing) IrfanView gets involved (I see it in Process Explorer).

From now on thumbnails aren't loaded anymore and sometimes the system (or TC) displays an error dialog saying that there isn't enough memory to perform the operation, although, AFAICS there's plenty of free RAM.

Also, from the point IrfanView gets involved, the TC's button-bar and other elements of the window are misplaced and/or not drawn.

At the time of writing this, I disabled IrfanView in Thumbnails Options page but I still get the funny drawings and the thumbnails not showing at some point (maybe because IV still gets loaded :P).

TC7b4, XPSP2
TC for Linux please!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. If I remember correctly, this is by design, to avoid the loading of thousands of thumbnails after an extensive search.

2. I cannot reproduce this error, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com