[REQ] Feed search results to a new locked tab

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

[REQ] Feed search results to a new locked tab

Post by *StickyNomad »

If I do a search and feed the results to listbox, the search results view is not stored in the history :(
So if I want to look into a found folder and forget to lock the tab in advance (or to open the folder with CTRL+left/right), the search results are lost and I have to do the search again. The same goes for accidentially opening a folder when I click on it for e.g. renaming purposes. This is even more likely to happen with 'singleClickStart' activated.

So I'd appreciate a possibility to have the search results opened in a new _locked_ tab. I can imagine two ways for that:

1. Currently, if the 'feed to listbox'-button is SHIFT+clicked, the search is opened in a new tab. So maybe presssing CTRL+Click or CTRL+SHIFT+click could open a new locked tab.

2. Even more foolproof would be an INI-entry like 'FeedSearchToNewTabLock=[0|1]' that would control the state of the newly opened tab when SHIFT+clicking on 'feed to listbox':

0 = Current behaviour
1 = Lock the newly opened tab automatically
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Currently I do searches on the left and open dirs/archives on the right with Ctrl-right.

Automatically locking the tab would be a nice feature - support.
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!