TC7RC3-FTP: Overwrite dialog appears where it shouldn't

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

TC7RC3-FTP: Overwrite dialog appears where it shouldn't

Post by *wanderer »

I tried to upload a set of folders containing subfolders and files on an empty folder on a site. At some point, without any apparent reason, the "overwrite" dialog appeared. This was funny because when i started, the destination folder was empty! I deleted all files from destination folder and tried again. The "overwrite" dialog appeared again but this time on a different file.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Is that reproduceable with a special file set? Or only on a special server? In active or passive FTP mode?

With RC3 I have no problem, neither in active or passive mode, uploading a generated fileset with 3 subfolders, each containing:

Code: Select all

.\__test\test1\MakeTestTree.BAT
.\__test\test1\test1-1\MakeTestTree.BAT
.\__test\test1\test1-2\MakeTestTree.BAT
.\__test\test1\test1-3\MakeTestTree.BAT
.\__test\test2\MakeTestTree.BAT
(...)
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Well, let me give some more details.

I tried to upload a set of 33 main folders containing phpBB2 add-on scripts on a 4th level folder on my provider's server (Linux i think) without using passive mode or any proxies. Only "remember contents of all visible directories" was checked in the connection details dialog. The first folder had a 4-levels subfolder tree. The other two did not have any subfolders. The total was 162 files in 87 folders and subfolders. Usually i got the "overwrite" dialog somewhere in the first three main folders. The funny thing is that none of the filenames copied so far had the same name with the file on which the "overwrite" dialog appeared.

2Christian: If you find it necessary, i can provide a zip with the files (~500k).

P.S. This worked just fine in TC6.56.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Still no problem here, sorry.

I made a structure of 33 main folders with 264 files in 132 folders, each file in the 4th subfolder level, and uploaded those in active mode.
File structure used for testing can be downloaded here (86kB).
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have tried with StatusQuo's test file here, no problems.

2wanderer
Can you turn on logging and try to reproduce the error, please?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

:evil: This is the kind of thing that drives me mad. I did it at least 3-4 times yesterday before reporting it and it always occurred. Now it works like a charm... :evil: I hate this when it happens.

The only thing that has changed since yesterday is that i have restarted TC.

Anyway, i'm going to keep the log on and if it happens again i'll let you know...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯