Some interesting read

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Some interesting read

Post by *pdavit »

Check those two links below:

http://www.zabkat.com/blog/20May07.htm

http://zabkat.com/blog/27May07.htm

Any comments are welcome.

As for my part: Although I'm Greek and xplorer2 is the birth child of a copatriot,
nevertheless as we Greeks say "If you don't praise your house, it will collapse
and kill you" and based on that no one would ever praise a rival in his own site.

Taking that into account, presenting Total Commander 2nd in a competitor's site
could only mean for us that Total Commander still holds the 1st place in our
heart and not only! ;-)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

If I emigrate to Slovakia where a pint of beer is £0.40 I may even be able to retire a wealthy man as it is :)
:)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Well fet's face it: compared to Total Commander everything else is fluctuation noise.

Google Trends
Last edited by Lefteous on 2007-06-01, 20:08 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Needless to say, that Hungary leads in the competition :-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Too much Ouzo I guess. The last time I read that much nonsense I have been visiting the Altap site.

The sad thing is that I have even explained nikos the content plugin interface when we had contact in 2005 – hasn't helped obviously.

He would be a good tester for PC Professional, that's for sure. :)

Icfu
This account is for sale
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

icfu wrote:The sad thing is that I have even explained nikos the content plugin interface when we had contact in 2005 – hasn't helped obviously.
Heh! The text had a "tricky" comment of out-of-the-box testing. Of course we all know
that searching inside PDFs is possible in TC via plug-ins and that custom menus can have
hundreds more commands than the fixed ones in xplorer2.

Praising the house without the furniture I guess! :P
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Sosna

Post by *Sosna »

Why did they wrote that TC can't search in MSOffice docs? It can with UNICODE checkbox set.
Ave Caesar Imperator,
moritari te salutant!
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Sosna wrote:It can with UNICODE checkbox set.
Not always. If DOC contains some complex structure inside, it is not stored as simple Unicode, even if in Word you see it just as usual text; hence in this case TC won't find it.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

@icfu
I've seen Altap site mentioned by you and I am terrified. Does anybody bought it? Reading that page I can be sure that even freeCommander is better (no, it's not the coutry reason)...
Btw. what is the sense of storing settings in the registry for that kind of tool that long (next version will handle sett. file)?
EOT from my side.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

fenix_productions wrote:@icfu
I've seen Altap site mentioned by you and I am terrified. Does anybody bought it? Reading that page I can be sure that even freeCommander is better (no, it's not the coutry reason)...
Btw. what is the sense of storing settings in the registry for that kind of tool that long (next version will handle sett. file)?
EOT from my side.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=servant+salamander%2C+free+commander&ctab=0
;)
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

The sense is that Registry is recommended by MS to store settings to. And ini files are outdated regarding to MS.

I personally like ini files more, but MS "recommends" new API.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@fenix_productions:
Nope, you got me wrong I think. Servant (Altap) Salamander is a rock-solid piece of software, it outperforms Total Commander hands-down regarding file panel speed for example...

But, its development progress is very slow, so it lacks way too many features, like tabs, column types, config files instead of registry, etc... Despite many downsides they have created a stupid file manager comparison page with outdated and wrong information regarding its competitors which is what I was targetting at.

@m^2:
Well, you should enter the strings correctly... ;)
http://www.google.com/trends?q=servant+salamander%2C+freecommander

Icfu
This account is for sale