bug in release 7

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fbaudoux.ir

bug in release 7

Post by *fbaudoux.ir »

Using windows XP and release 6 TotalCMD, whenever the current directory is the upperone (root) and you press the button asking to go up, nothing happens as you would expect.
Using release 7 the systems keeps trying to do something which slows down everything dramatically. And there is nothing that can help except Ctrl-Halt-Del - which takes a lots of time before the windows pops up, enabling to kill totalcmd. Which takes a very long time.

I have the (very bad ?) habit to use the "go up" button systematically and repetively and fast so that this happened to me a significant number of times before I understood !
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

With TC 7 there is an option (Configuration - Option - Display : "Show parent dir also in root drive")
If enabled, it will change to "My Computer" by pressing ".." at root dir.

Just disable the option to get the old behavior back.
#5767 Personal license
fbaudoux.ir

Post by *fbaudoux.ir »

Thanks for this prompt reply. I now understand what they mean by Swiss Quality (of service)

To go back to 'mycomputer' seems to take a lot of time on (my ?) XP computer, if not an infinite time. Did you notice it ?
The opposite option should be the default at installation.
If it is already, it means that I have switched to the non-default value without being warned of the awful consequence.
Unless this consequence is unique to my configuration, it seems it would be worthwhile doing something about that
good evening
thanks again
Clo

Fast !

Post by *Clo »

2fbaudoux.ir

:) Hello !

• Here, the option is “ON”, and I get “My Computer” from [••] within ¼ second !
- Just an “honest” home PC : P-IV @ 2.4 GHZ - 512 MiB RAM (shared, on-board video…) - SATA H.D. - XP-Pro - TC 7.01…

• I guess that something else is slowing down that process at your's, maybe some virus scanner ?
However, I've Avira AV running here as guard, and no problem…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials