TortoiseSVN64 icons and context menu missing with TC+Vista64

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dammo77

TortoiseSVN64 icons and context menu missing with TC+Vista64

Post by *dammo77 »

Hi,
running Vista64, and have 64bit version of TortoiseSVN64 installed.
When right click on a folder, there is no SVN menu item, and there is also no SVN file icons. Works perfectly in windows explorer.

Running latest version of both.

I do have context menu for winrar. Perhaps running a 32bit SVN client may fix it. i will try that soon if there are no other suggestions.

thanks
damian
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Yes, there are problems with the 64 bit vista. Please search for 64 bit vista in the forum. Generally, TC is not able to cope with the 64 bit shell extensions, as it is a 32 bit program.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2dammo77
You need to install Tortoise 32bit too, to a DIFFERENT directory. It works very well with TC also on Vista 64, and the two Tortoise versions work fine side by side.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Naruki

Same problem for 32bit Tortoise!

Post by *Naruki »

I first reported this in the wrong forum because I thought it was related to the ShellDetails plugin. I don't know how to direct link to my comment, but this might work:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=5995&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195.

This may still be the wrong forum, but it's the closest I can find, and it's possibly related.

I got my 64bit Vista box working by adding 32bit Tortoise as suggested.

It also works in my 32bit XP Pro English box (which is running as a VirtualBox guest in the next computer).

But I confirmed that my 32bit XP Pro Japanese box still does not work. That computer is the host of the virtual machine above and the one I am using right now. Both have the same version of TortoiseSVN (1.5.8 32bit).

Could it be related to having VisualSVN Server installed on the same box? I shouldn't think so, but that is one other difference.

I'm out of ideas at this point. :?
Naruki

Problem Solved

Post by *Naruki »

I got the answer in this thread.

Thanks for your patience!