Total Commander

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Johan

Total Commander

Post by *Johan »

I have been using TC (and WC) about everyday since I moved from NC DOS to Windows NT3.5. I am an IT professional and everyday I carry a copy of TC with me installed on my U3 USB-stick. I cannot describe how much I appreciate this tool. I love the ftp-client (now with search!), the multirename tool (exellent!), the userinterface (I use keyboard shortcuts, no mouse), the selection group tool, the copy/move file options, the quick view panel, the packaging tools (using them every day).

I deal with other softwares from big companies in my profession. The user support they have is not even close to what I get from you. I remembered I send you an email about how I could set the copy files options always to be in background and I got an answer the next day. Impressive.

I really hope that you guys keep up the good work and I hope you earn alot of money from it. ;-) If you do, you are worth it.

Johan Moreau
Sweden
MacQ

Post by *MacQ »

Same here.
Been using TC since it was Windows Commander and love it still.
I must admit that I've been using it without registering it, but since I discovered this forum, I've decided that this king of comitment deserves to be supported.
I just waited for the release of v7.0 and when I got the email about it being released, bought it immediately.

Keep up the good work.
shammat

Post by *shammat »

MacQ wrote:I just waited for the release of v7.0 and when I got the email about it being released, bought it immediately.
You know that all upgrades are included with the registration fee? So you could have bought it before the 7.0 release.
I bought my personal license back in 97 (had a company license with my former emplyer) and never had to pay anything since then.
TW

Post by *TW »

same here. although i'm not using all of TC's features, i'm lost on a computer with just windows explorer. :oops:

i bought my license back in 1994 and had nothing to pay since then! on the other hand, i convinced a number of people to use and buy TC. this is how it works. :D
licenced and happy TC user since 1994 (#11xx)
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

I've said this many times but i feel the need to tell it once more. :)

Every time i reinstall my PC or go to another PC to work, i need some tools other wise i feel lost. TC is one of them (the first one i install). The main reason i support and suggest it to everyone i know and spend the time i spend in this forum is Christian's philosophy. "You like it? Buy it and you have free updates for life". I really appreciate this. It's worth the money not only because it's good, useful and being constantly enhanced but also because of this philosophy.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

Apart from the money :
It's a joy to only have to use Exploder on a new set system only once to install TC and never use it again.
ehab

Post by *ehab »

i join my voice here since i used TC for just under a year and its the first thing i run before anything else ....

Before i didn't want to buy because i am a student and there 1 2 3 is not so bad .. also not to mention those patched version..

The author does deserve the best for such a tool so i ordered today and hope for the CD to arrive : ) mmmmyyy pprecciouus

lol
#181344 Personal licence
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

I've had years that I also couldn't afford buying TC.
Because of the offered quality, I refused to use cracked versions, and considered the extra click on 1 2 3 as honouring the maker.

This thread is revived by ehab, and while reading it again, it struck me that many users write :
TC is the first thing to run, before anything else.
I like to add : the last thing to close after anything else.
In setup dialogs of software it's always advised to close other apps first. I don't close TC for that, and never had any trouble.
Visitors are often surprised if I they see my after-boot M$ desktop on the monitor, which has just one icon : TC.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Sam_Zen
I could almost say the same BUT there is strange difference.

I couldn't afford myself to buy legal software back to the studies days so I decided to gather it by little steps. 1st was Opera. I was gathering the money to buy it. When I finally achieved that I was looking for friends with bank account to buy this software by Internet. When I did it, at the day I had to give a cash to my friend... Opera got free. I've decided to switch that amount to TC BUT it happened same way: In the day I've been supposed to transfer a money to my pal... I won TC at some Internet contest :)
After all I've manged to make few people feel guilty and they bought licences. Some time ago I bought the one for my brother's 18th birthday (the start of being an adult in Poland) also.

End of story.

Now I can only say same thing as others that TC is the first app to run and TC's icon is almost the only thing to have on my Desktop.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ehab

Post by *ehab »

2Sam_Zen

:) yeah ... and the last thing to close

2fenix_productions

nice desktop , whats the calender your using or its some vista or xp add on them etc ....?
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ehab

Post by *ehab »

2fenix_productions

thanks .... lets see if i end up buying this lol
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

2 FP
Well, my license of TC was a generous gift to me too, and I also succeeded in convincing some friends to register.

I have quite a similar M$ desktop, but without background picture, just a solid color.
In this situation it would be quite obvious to add the link to TC in the startup category of the Programs.
I don't do this nevertheless, because I believe in the risk of things going wrong when booting.
Not a proper moment to imply multitasking.

I prefer waiting for the system to be at ease, and then double-click on TC.

So I will check out this nice-looking calendar, but I will not add it as a boot default.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

fenix_productions wrote:When I did it, at the day I had to give a cash to my friend... Opera got free.
fenix_productions wrote:In the day I've been supposed to transfer a money to my pal... I won TC at some Internet contest :)
Wow! Is this luck or what?! :)
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2wanderer
Pratchett wrote:it's a million-to-one chance, but it might just work!