YES or NO for searching .ODT and .ODS like in .ZIP archives?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

$What U say 'bout that?

YES - I like it too.. :D
47%
No - I don't need it... :(
42%
Hmm - I don't understant or I don't care... :?
11%

Total votes: 19

TotalCommander

YES or NO for searching .ODT and .ODS like in .ZIP archives?

Post by *TotalCommander »

:D Hello everybody! :D

First the introduction :? .... Last the idea :idea: ....

Here is something I use a lot: Searching for some string (words) inside files (documents) that's inside archives. That's because I use a lot of back-ups and sometimes I need an earlier version of a file. And I don't know in which archive is.. But I do know what words (strings) contains that file (document)...I used .DOC, but now I'm using
.ODT (OpenDocument Text) and
.ODS (OpenDocument Spreadsheet)
And I have one big surprise: TC is not looking for the string in the files contained by the .ODT or .ODS archives. As far as I know, .ODT and .ODS "files" are in fact .ZIP archives, right?

SO, my suggestion is in 2 versions. I think version 2 can be implemented quicker than version 1... with the minus that a user will consider a .ODT or .ODS file a document, not an archive and will look strange at the search..... And after a while.... to implement the 1st version:

1. The option "Search archives (all except for UC2)" to consider .ODT and .ODS archives (.ZIP) and to search for some string in the files inside it. And the result to show the .ODT or .ODS filename (with path), not the file inside .ODT or .ODS archives ("documents").
2. Another option like "Consider .ODT and .ODS archives (.ZIP)" and the results to show the files (with paths) inside .ODT or .ODS documents.

So? 8)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Just edit wincmd.ini:

Code: Select all

[Configuration]
SearchInFiles=*.ODS *.ODT
Alternatively use TextSearch plugin:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/TextSearch.html

Icfu
This account is for sale
TotalCommander

THX

Post by *TotalCommander »

:roll: THX, man!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the Polls forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.