Compare Files By Content

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Compare Files By Content

Post by *Valentino »

Is it possible to add the following little things:
1) Ctrl+Z keyboard shortcut for Undo.
2) "Save Left", "Save Right", "Save Both" buttons. Or alternatively "Save Current Pane" and "Save Both" buttons like in Araxis Merge. When Shift is pressed they can turn into Save As buttons.
3) "Save" and "Save As" to context menu.
4) Redo button.
5) Ctrl+Shift+Z keyboard shortcut for Redo.

When user selects line only in one panel and presses "Resync" the error message box is displayed (with red cross icon). I think it's too frightening (I almost got heart attack :) ) and it's better to show warning message box instead (with yellow exclamation icon).

"Resync comparison from selected lines" sounds more correct than "Resync comparison from here" because you can right-click not on selected lines but in some other place and it's a little confusing.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your suggestions. Would a disk icon button be OK too instead of the save buttons? It could show the save dialog shown now when you close the compare tool.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

It's better than nothing but it would be much more convenient to have 3 buttons: Save Left, Save Right and Save Both. How about putting 3 disk icon buttons (without text) between left path and right path text boxes? So I propose the following order of controls in the top row:

[Left Path] [Browse Left] [Save Left] [Save Both] [Save Right] [Right Path] [Browse Right]

or

[Left Path] [Browse Left] [Save Left] [Save Both] [Save Right] [Browse Right] [Right Path]

So [Save Both] is exactly in the middle of the window.
Duke

Post by *Duke »

My suggestion for 'Compare by Content'

1. After Start 'Compare by Content' the Compare-Button has the focus. It would be better, the focus is on 'Next difference' .

2. Can the function 'Ignore frequent lines' enlarging to user define?
For Example: User can define lines begins with string XYZ (with regex XYZ|ABC) will be ignore for compare, that would be help often better as the new resync comparison!

3. Can the color for Differences show invert, like inverted cursor (Option in wincmd.ini)?

Duke
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

2Duke
1. Actually focus is on the left file panel. Compare button is just default, which means that it'll be activated on Enter.
jan.tomsa

RegEx search in Compare contents

Post by *jan.tomsa »

I would like RegEx search in Compare contents, just like in Lister.
Is it possible to add this feature?
Is it planned?
Thanks a lot.

( BTW TC is great! )