Favorite directory menu is loosing entries

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

GregC

Favorite directory menu is loosing entries

Post by *GregC »

II use the favorite directories feature (Ctrl+D) a lot. I group folders in directories and use keyboard shortcuts to access them.

Sometimes though an entry will disappear from the list, an entry that has been in there for a long time. I did not remove it and I also haven't been changing the favorite directory configuration in quite a while (the last time I changed it was about 1 month ago - and the only reason I was changing it then was because another directory disappeared then).

This has been happening regularly now and always about once per month - 1 or 2 directories will be gone from the list and I have to manually add them again. Next time, not the same directories will go missing. I can't reproduce this bug other than by using Total Commander and waiting for it to happen.

On a side note, the favorite directory system also seems to have a problem with assigning ! as a shortcut.. but since I use custom keyboard layouts, maybe someone else should confirm this as well.

If you need my exact TC version, I can look it up, but since I use it at work I can first post it on monday - I think it is the latest version, but this has been happening at least in one previous version. I also often have 2 TC instances open, if that is of any help, but like I mentioned above, usually I had not been changing the configuration in quite a while when this happened.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

How many entries do you have in the Ctrl-D menu?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
GregC

Post by *GregC »

Huh, don't know exactly, I will check on Monday, but I would say 20 or more, with some in the basic directory and others in at least two subdirectories.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hm, ok, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Just a vague idea:

When TCs file panel currently shows a directory that is contained in your Directory hotlist, the hotlist contains an entry 'Remove current dir'

So when you are in a directory which is contained in your hotlist and press CTRL+D, R, the directory is removed.

This once happened to me accidentialy, so maybe that's the reason in your case, too...