Synchronisation Bug?

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tobun

Synchronisation Bug?

Post by *tobun »

I am working with 7.04a already longer period of time (under Vista Home Premium). Some days ago the synchonisation between 2 folders (on separate local disks) works "crazy". Although I activate all 4 view options (left,=,not =, right) I get no files in the list, but in both folders are many identical files and some different files.

May be I installed something on my PC and it conflict with TotalCommander Synchronisation function? But I don't know how to recognize what is the problem.

I can send a dump screen but see no possibility for attaching a file.

Thank you for your help

Thomas
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2tobun

Maybe you by accident have pressed one or both of the buttons "duplicates" and "singles" - it can be difficult to see if they are activated or not - especially if you are using an XP theme.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
tobun

Post by *tobun »

Thank you for your quick answer. I think I solved the problem.
I synchronized 2 big partitions and I wasn`t patient to wait for results.

TotalCommander give no message it is working and I thought it does not work.

I have a other question.

It is impossible to synchronize C with image on other drive (made with Acronis TrueImage) because some files are open from system or other applications.

I tried - without succes - MirrorFolder from techsoftpl (com). Do you now any other software for this task?