Total Commander in W7

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ctitanic

Total Commander in W7

Post by *ctitanic »

I'm testing W7 in a P1610 with touch screen.

By holding the stylus for few seconds you get the effect of a right click. This works fine in Total Commander under Vista when you try to apply a right click on top of any file.

In W7 you don't get the contextual menu to open (right click). It works with a mouse but it does not work with the touch screen feature.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

By default, TC opens the right click menu when you hold down the right mouse button for about a second. Apparently this isn't simulated on Windows 7. Please try to switch to left mouse button selection mode in TC's configuration. This will let you open the context menu with a short right click, so the Windows 7 simulation should work too.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ctitanic

Post by *ctitanic »

ghisler(Author) wrote:By default, TC opens the right click menu when you hold down the right mouse button for about a second. Apparently this isn't simulated on Windows 7. Please try to switch to left mouse button selection mode in TC's configuration. This will let you open the context menu with a short right click, so the Windows 7 simulation should work too.
I'll try that. I'm a current user of you and have been using your software since it was Windows Commander!

Keep in mind that in a tablet with touch screen when you hold the stylus you get the same little circle that you see in a Pocket PC and only when that circle ends you get the menu. Currently I do not see the circle at all. So I don't think that your trick is going to work.
ctitanic

Post by *ctitanic »

Ok, confirmed. That does not work.

If you have anything else that you want me to test "in private" you can send me an email to ctitanic at tweaks2k2.com

Thanks for your help!
brotbuexe

Post by *brotbuexe »

I tried this on win7 with p1510 convertible. Same problem.

Have uploaded some flashrecords that describe the problem...

www.brotbuexe.de/totalcmd/leftmode_win7.swf.html (first tried the rightclick emulation on the file)

same system with winxp:

www.brotbuexe.de/totalcmd/leftmode_winxp.swf.html
ctitanic

Post by *ctitanic »

Good job brobuexe! Now everything can be understood easier.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe I have to call special functions to make this work on Windows 7? Unfortunately there is not much documentation yet for Windows 7 because it's in an early beta stage, so I cannot do anything for now.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ctitanic

Post by *ctitanic »

There have been many changes in the APIs. If I find any info about what special functions should be called now I'll post it here.