Plugins ignored in QV due to comments in archives.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Plugins ignored in QV due to comments in archives.

Post by *fenix_productions »

Hi all.

While in QuickView Total can show archive comments when they are available for archives. This works for built-in ZIP ones and packed readme.txt or *.nfo files. But it makes one thing incoonsistent from standard lister behaviour (F3) which is plugins handling.

If you add ArchView (or ArcView) plugins for archives they will work for F3 but be completely ignored for Ctrl+Q IF there is a comment available. In that case there is also no possibility to switch to it by pressing 4 key. For (ex.) ZIPs w/o comments everything works OK. Plugins order does not matter!

This is either bug or inconsistency.

IMHO TC should load plugin's view first if there is a match and comment otherwise.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed archive comments have a higher priority than lister plugins at this time. Unfortuantely there is no way to set that priority, sorry. I don't currently see a good way to implement that either. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2ghisler(Author)
What about giving the possibility to switch to plugin by pressing 4?

This is strange that comment can be seen in "text plugin" (ex. SynUs) but other functionality does not work.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will try that, although it just switches the view of the comment file...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2ghisler(Author)
Oh! I see. I thought about switching archive view to other plugin (not the comment).