cm_editpath: tiny but annoying bug

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

j.x

cm_editpath: tiny but annoying bug

Post by *j.x »

First of all - Thanks for the new great version of the Total Commander! I really like the "tabs" (to mention just one of the great news)!

However, I was playing with the cm_editpath command, and found that it does not work when the current panel's scroll bar ISN'T in it's topmost / leftmost position!? (Added cm_editpath as a Start menu item, and Ctrl+Alt+F1 as hotkey.)

It works better when clicking with the mouse, but also, in this case, not as well as when the scroll bar is at the beginning. (You have to click several times...)

Using TC6 and XP Home
Using Windows without Total Commander is like driving a car without a steering wheel!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Hmm, there seems to be a problem with brief view: The path editor is opened, but quickly closed again by Windows for some reason. I will check why. It works with the cursor in the first column, though, just not in any other columns.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Hmm, there seems to be a problem with brief view: The path editor is opened, but quickly closed again by Windows for some reason. I will check why. It works with the cursor in the first column, though, just not in any other columns.
Not only the brief view, but also the full view also generate the problem when the scroll bar isn't in the topmost position. I must press the shortcut key(assigned to cm_editpath) twice to actually edit the path.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I found the problem - it will be corrected in TC 6.01.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
j.x

Post by *j.x »

2ghisler(Author)Thanx! That was quick!
Using Windows without Total Commander is like driving a car without a steering wheel!