TC 7.5 and Powerarchiver 2010

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

menes

TC 7.5 and Powerarchiver 2010

Post by *menes »

I have a curious problem with TC 7.5 and Powerarchiver 2010 b3. While I don't think that it is solely TC's problem (I don't have problems with power archiver 2009) I will report it, since that doesn't happen neither with explorer or directory opus 9.1.1.8

The problem is this: When I drag files from an archive opened with Powerarchiver 2010 the first time the extract works. The second time (eg, selecting files from a different archive) all extracted files are of zero length. The third time it works, the fourth time not, the fifth it works, the sixth not and so on!

This doesn't happen with winrar and tc and doesn't happen with powerarchiver and explorer or powerarchiver and opus but it happens on every computer with TC (7.5 and earlier) and power archiver 2010 b3.

I have submitted a case to makers of powerarchiver and I write it here because it seems that is a combination of pwerarchiver and TC.

And somebody from the support forums of powerarchiver informed me that this happens also with ultimatezip and TC. Any idea will be greatly appreciated!
Clo

Year 2009 Oddness Award…

Post by *Clo »

2menes

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard as a writer (finally…) !

• I don't use that programme, so I can't help you a lot here, sorry.
- However, I guess that it should be useful to tell us at least which OS you are running…
And maybe also more info about the way you are using this packer with TC.
- Besides, I had a glance on YOUR THREAD in the PowerArchiver forum.
- IIUC, the version you are talking of is a beta, hence I guess it could be better… to wait the next one, and test again… :roll:

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
menes

Post by *menes »

I really think that it is not TC's problem. I was wrong, the same thing happens also to Directory Opus (and as someone wrote at powerarchiver support forums) it also happens at powerdesk 7. Since this is not happening only with TC-POWERARCHIVER combo, it seems that this is due to a power archiver bug.

Not that it matters but this bug can be reproduced to WinXPSP3 (32 bit) and Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (Build 7100)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Can you try the following workaround which works with Firefox as the source for drag&drop? Maybe it works also with Powerarchiver:
1. Start dragging the files
2. Instead of dropping them to TC directly, drag them to the TC icon in the task bar
3. Wait until TC jumps into foreground - do NOT release mouse button!
4. Now move the mouse to TC and drop the files
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com