Open Win Palette Buttons…

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Open Win Palette Buttons…

Post by *Clo »

:arrow: ghisler(Author)

:) Good morning,

• Just a suggestion in order to improve the GUI in the “Colours” options page.
Currently, the [>>] «Open the Win palette» buttons are neither very meaningful, nor nice.
- Moreover, at first glance none indication is shown about that they do (i.e. an info-text).

- So, I thought that a pattern on these buttons could be useful, for instance like on THIS SMALL MOCK-UP.
- The upper pattern (21²) can fit on the current button, while the lower one is a bit larger (button as 24²).
There is room enough, though, see the limit…

- Aside, still the oooooold bug with this palette : The customized colours already defined are lost.
It's possible to save them, this has been done in several softs I've to deal with…

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It is not bug. It is just a lack of a feature. To preserve custom colours we need to keep always custom pallette (16*4 bytes) in memory and to add a line in wincmd.ini with custom colours (16*8 hex digits).

From Win32 Help:

BOOL ChooseColor(LPCHOOSECOLOR lpcc);

CHOOSECOLOR.lpCustColors - Pointer to an array of 16 COLORREF values that contain red, green, blue (RGB) values for the custom color boxes in the dialog box. If the user modifies these colors, the system updates the array with the new RGB values. To preserve new custom colors between calls to the ChooseColor function, you should allocate static memory for the array
Clo

Comparing…

Post by *Clo »

2MVV

:) Hello !

• I know that. But when a user opens this palette in the configuration of Win itself, the custom colours are saved.
- So, comparing the two behaviours, s¦he considers that as a bug - and I agree-
the internal “cooking” of the programme isn't his¦her business… :P

• Ages ago, the author of UniView gave me that BASIC CODE from which the colours have been saved in XnView
(needed a few years…) and in GFIE (done within one week…) :D
- How to save this in TC is an additional issue… A section in the INI (can be redirected into a special INI file) or whatever…
• Finally, that's just an aside, the topic is to change the look of the buttons:wink:

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vansumsen »

:arrow: Clo

Nice idea, I support +++

Paul
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Clo, I don't know what do you mean by "Win itself", but for example Paint and desktop colours dialog keep custom colours only until close application.

About buttons - current buttons look quite good - I do not see a reason to add any pictures onto it and to increase TOTALCMD.exe's size.

I suggest to remove buttons ">>" at all and to add last line "custom" to colours listbox - it is more usual approach. And to fill background of "custom" string with last selected custom colour.
Clo

Plz read straight

Post by *Clo »

2MVV

:) Hello !

• I wrote : “in the configuration of Win itself…” i.e. when you change a theme, the colours are kept sine die.

• With the font I'm bound to use in French (narrow, because the strings lengths), the >> look ugly to me.

- And I would prefer always a coloured bitmap on buttons, TC is really poor at them…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo